Isaiah Papali’i #265

Just increase the offer.
If Parra think they can keep him by matching his offer, push them further.
What have we got to lose?
Cap space? 🤣

We shouldn't do this. If he performs we can offer him more and extend his contract but he has signed a contract with us for 3 years and it has been registered with the NRL.

We shouldn't do it because we can use that money on other players. Maybe not next year but the following years.

I agree.
We would be better off paying him to sit on the sidelines for 3 years and not being walked over again.
I mean to be fair we already pay players to underperform week in week out so at least showing some backbone would be a positive for once.
For me this is the second best scenario.

We shouldn't do this. If he performs we can offer him more and extend his contract but he has signed a contract with us for 3 years and it has been registered with the NRL.

We shouldn't do it because we can use that money on other players. Maybe not next year but the following years.
BULLSEYE 🎯
we already gave him more than he’s worth, the way he’s acted.
no extras to come, that money can be used to dangle a carrot to stay and perform.

BULLSEYE 🎯
we already gave him more than he’s worth, the way he’s acted.
no extras to come, that money can be used to dangle a carrot to stay and perform.

As a general principle it's not a good idea to reward bad behavior is it.

This is one of those issues you just leave in the clubs hands but my take is just ignore it. If he doesn't turn up don't pay him and raise it to the NRL.

Let him sit out 3 years.

I doubt it will get to that stage but that is on him.

I don’t think you understand how important it is to land a person like this to build your roster.

We don’t have him mate. Compassionately I believe we’ll back out.

And why wouldn’t he, sure Parra low balled him at first thought and we got him for what could of been perceived as overs at the time.

But in reality it was a bargin.
He will be the second rower of the year two years in a row with Kikau. He is a 800k player really on his form. We are not in any great position to pay this guy unders to come and spend the next 3 years of his career building up the Tigers.

As has been said, we can't allow Pascoe to trot out the line he's used many times previously. That if a player doesn't want to be here then there's no point making them stay and releasing them for free. But luckily he doesn't call the shots anymore.
We're coming last because we don't have many good players, and the second someone becomes above average they get crabby and ask to leave to go to a better club, and we roll over and say 'oh well'. We have some good ones coming through the system but when we have good players agree to be with us we must enforce that.
Nothing much has changed. Madge is gone, and now Benji (with Sheens) is running the show. He played what a maximum of twice under Madge for NZ? And Madge was a coach who hadn't had any success in many years. Why would he suddenly be afraid that a change of coach will change the challenge he'll face at the club? When he signed we were an outsider, with few good players, of which he would be one. That's still the case.

And we have to remember that our club's fans have been a goldmine for clickbait 'news' articles for years. That's why so many gossip crap is written about us, about potential signings, fallouts etc. We hear nothing about so many other clubs because they're a fraction of our size. This is just a different angle on the same old clickbait system. Only instead of adding our name has being interested in a host of big name players we're being rumoured about a player reneging on his contract. If we were the Raiders you wouldn't hear a thing about it

I don’t think you understand how important it is to land a person like this to build your roster.

I get it. We desperately need him. We have no proven first grade edge backrowers next year in our squad.

We also have a 3 year contract that is registered with the NRL.

We need to sign some edge backrowers. Blore might be an option but Sheens was talking about using him in the middle. We might have Tumeth who is unproven. We might have Talau who is unproven.

We cannot release this guy.

Think about who at parra would be in paps ear everyday to back out even though he's signed a contract, moses, matterson they also had contracts with us and got out of it, I think nrl should be reminding parra he's signed a registered contract and we have it.

Staff online

Back