Isaiah Papali’i #265

Unfit prop playing 80 minutes in the backrow.
Bad hands.

Made his name off one good season @ Parra.

Still has something to offer.
Bench prop is where his future  should be.
Absoluteluy. He's said he wants to play as a prop, and he is currently playing like a prop. He's like a shorter Twal. He seems to have no skill whatsoever, no footy IQ, doesn't run any lines. He just tackles and makes straight forward weak hitups with slow play the balls. I'd have him replacing Klem who'll probably miss a week, when Klem is back Ice can hit the bench.

Fainu must start, but then Bateman has been pretty terrible too. And yet our back row in NSW cup is incredibly weak, no one pushing for a start in our weakest position. Just horrible roster management.

I'd have our pack next week

Stef
Api
Ice
Fainu
Bateman
Matamua (though probably Seyfarth gets the nod to start)

with Twal, Pole, Seyfarth/Matamua and Kepaoa (%^&^%$!!) on the bench

Last edited:
He is trying a lot harder IMO, but he really struggles to know what lines to run. Everyone on our shifts to the right yesterday were terrible and affected our cohesion, but id say he was the worst one out of sync.

As far line running goes, AJ is our only backrower who can do it. Gee I wish he could improve his hands and brain.

With the exception of Api, seems like any classy player we sign turns to mud.
Might be hope for Sezer yet. I thought he was pretty avg in Super League but has played much better overall since being at the club than I expected. Question is did he fit your definition of classy.

Reactions: BZN
He is trying a lot harder IMO, but he really struggles to know what lines to run. Everyone on our shifts to the right yesterday were terrible and affected our cohesion, but id say he was the worst one out of sync.

As far line running goes, AJ is our only backrower who can do it. Gee I wish he could improve his hands and brain.
I don't think his hands are the problem k_s
It's his brain not getting hand eye co-ordination.
I'm pretty sure I've seen him wearing glasses.
Does he wear contact lenses on the field?

I cannot comment on yesterday's performance from Isaiah as I am travelling, but have long considered that his place is as a middle, and it seems others are increasingly thinking likewise.

Also agree with the need for a hole running edge forward, with Garner and Blore respectively being our best at it for previous seasons and despite his limitations, Kepaoa is probably our current one.

Might be hope for Sezer yet. I thought he was pretty avg in Super League but has played much better overall since being at the club than I expected. Question is did he fit your definition of classy.
Definitely not classy Imo GCf.
Maybe he's still trying to learn Benji's thinking/coaching.
I'd give him a couple of more weeks, then if no improvement, he aint gonna improve Imo.

I cannot comment on yesterday's performance from Isaiah as I am travelling, but have long considered that his place is as a middle, and it seems others are increasingly thinking likewise.

Also agree with the need for a hole running edge forward, with Garner and Blore respectively being our best at it for previous seasons and despite his limitations, Kepaoa is probably our current one.
Enjoy you're travelling TS and stay safe.
Would you like to tell us where you are without getting the Mods offside for wrong thread?

Our poor attack puts pressure on D and someone has to make the tackles. I find it difficult to bag the bloke who makes 48 tackles and plays 80 mins when opportunity with ball is so poorly executed putting pressure on defence.
Every time we went right it was clunky. However, our right side seem to be defending well. Not many tries down the Sezer, Faataape, Staines edge.

Definitely not classy Imo GCf.
Maybe he's still trying to learn Benji's thinking/coaching.
I'd give him a couple of more weeks, then if no improvement, he aint gonna improve Imo.
Think Sezer is simply too slow to put pressure on opposition defences...altho hes the only one currently with any sort of kicking game.Hes doing a job,but we need more..which is what Galvin brings
Bud is a running 6 without any vision for opportunities for his outside men,and most oppostion teams are aware of his dummy and step...and also his deficiencies in defence.Unfortunately the market for him is similiar to Schuster
Our halves situation for 2025 is resolving itself much quicker than I hoped for...

Enjoy you're travelling TS and stay safe.
Would you like to tell us where you are without getting the Mods offside for wrong thread?

Thanks. We have taken our 14yo son to again enjoy the annual multiple day (up to 8 such as here, depending on the region) national water fight known as the Songkran festival along the eastern Bay of Thailand.

Then off to central Vietnam on Wednesday for a week, returning for several more days relaxing at a quiet beach to round off our break before returning to AUS on the 29th ready for the school term beginning the next day.

Thanks. We have taken our 14yo son to again enjoy the annual multiple day (up to 8 such as here, depending on the region) national water fight known as the Songkran festival along the eastern Bay of Thailand.

Then off to central Vietnam on Wednesday for a week, returning for several more days relaxing at a quiet beach to round off our break before returning to AUS on the 29th ready for the school term beginning the next day.
Water throwing banned in Cambodia as of this year... just in case.... you might be there..... lucky man... have a ball...

Latest posts

Members online

Back