Isaiah Papali’i #265

I put this up when we first signed him but I think it's worth revisiting.
I can't find his video clip of him punching out the heavy weight. It seems to have vanished 🤔

In 2014, Papali'i won two gold medals at the Oceania Weightlifting Championships in New Caledonia, winning the U17(Youth) and U20(Junior) divisions by lifting a personal best of 107 kg in the snatch and 125 kg in the clean and jerk.

Reactions: 851
I put this up when we first signed him but I think it's worth revisiting.
I can't find his video clip of him punching out the heavy weight. It seems to have vanished 🤔

In 2014, Papali'i won two gold medals at the Oceania Weightlifting Championships in New Caledonia, winning the U17(Youth) and U20(Junior) divisions by lifting a personal best of 107 kg in the snatch and 125 kg in the clean and jerk.
Are you saying he did this at 15yo?
That’s massive.

time will tell with I Pap.good to see his manager silencing the noise for his client,if correct or not

there is a couple of pretty simple solutions.

iPap or any club can simply buy out his contract with us, just like we paid out Madge. no issue at our end. Of course it comes out of the new clubs cap or iPap's pocket so it won't ever happen.

This is not correct. It is not the same as Madge, not can anyone just "buy the Contract".

The form of the Contract specifies the Consideration under the Contract. That is, what each party will provide and what each party will receive.

In the case of Madges contract, Madges Consideration is his time and knowledge that he will provide in training and coaching over the span of 3 years and the Clubs consideration is $$$$$. When the club terminated Madges Contract they completely paid their consideration to Madge.....paid him all of the $$$. Madge cant provide his consideration up front, his is time based.

In the case of Papalii, Papalii's consideration is training and playing with us for 3 years and the clubs is cash. If Papalii turns up tomorrow with $1.8M, the Club does not have to let him go, because in the Contract the consideration they are Contracted to receive is not $$$ its IP's time and labour. The club are within their rights to expect their Consideration as stated in the Contract and its not $$$.

All well and good to say hes coming now, doesn't take away the words that have come out of HIS mouth.

He clearly wishes he didn't sign with us.

Sucks, cause as well as being a good player he seems like a very likeable bloke.

BREAKING NEWS IPap wants to break contract ASAP.
READ IT SLOWLY, ANNOUNCED TONIGHT , STRAIGHT AFTER THE GAME.✅

No. Fox said we should move on and spend the money elsewhere while we can. We must take their sage advice. If we don't, we are a basket case.

Back