Isaiah Papali’i #265

We released the following idiots ; Cleary, moses, matterson, alioai, leulia with nothing in return. Every player manager knows we roll over. We are the whipping boys for Penrith and parramatta and despite having a lawyer as our main man we roll over like puppy dogs every single time. If wests tigers want a riot from their fans then let this happen. Pascoe and Lee you fools. What an amateur hour club.

Ha Ha-Ha, this is so funny, only our club could find its self in this Position?
I don't blame him at all, we are a joke at the moment, we can't even find a coach so why would anyone want to come here ......please?

If they somehow stuff this up, then I want literally every employee gone. Board members included. Pascoe, McDonnell - all the way down to the intern social media videographers. Get rid of them all and start afresh.
I don't care how they're replaced - throw a bunch of monkeys into the COE with typewriters and see what they come out with.
Pascoe is good with accumulating money for the club but extremely hopeless in dealing with players. I would not want him anymore unless he sticks 100% with looking after the money resources for the club.

Maybe that's why it sounds like Joffa is going to be named in the second row this week.

We have 1 second rower in our top 30 next year as it stands who is coming off an ACL. Magnificent list management by the club.

The Wests Tigers have held a meeting with star recruit Isaiah Papali’i in a desperate plea to avoid an ugly standoff over his services for next season.

The Parramatta back-rower has agreed to a three-year deal with the Tigers from 2023, but has been having second thoughts about his decision.

Papali’i has told those close to him that he wants to remain at the Eels next year. Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the Herald that Papali’i met with Tigers management a fortnight ago to raise his concerns.

They took him on a tour of the club’s centre of excellence in Concord, which is nearing completion, to show him what he could look forward to.

As of Tuesday morning, a Tigers official told the Herald that it had been indicated to them that Papali’i would honour his deal.

Papali’i has not requested a release. The meeting was arranged to seek clarity about the future of the club given the uncertainty surrounding the next coach.

Parramatta missed out on the back-rower’s signature after offering an underwhelming extension proposal late last year.

Parramatta were willing to upgrade his 2022 contract, which is worth $200,000, to about $275,000. They also offered him a two-year extension on top worth around $425,000 a season.

The Eels later increased that offer but Papali’i had already accepted the Tigers’ offer of a three-year deal worth in excess of $1.8m.

Having missed out on the services of Reed Mahoney, Oregon Kaufusi and Marata Niukore, the Eels have the salary cap space to keep him at the club. They’ve also granted Nathan Brown permission to talk to rival clubs about an immediate release. The Eels declined to comment when contacted.

It is understood Papali’i is citing the sacking of Michael Maguire as the reason for his change of heart.

He is also concerned about whether assitant coaches Nathan Cayless and Ben Gardiner, who he previously formed a bond with in Kiwi camp, will both be at the club next year as per the arrangement when he signed.

The Tigers have asked him to give the club more time to sort out its future before making his next move.

Fellow recruit Api Koroisau has indicated to Tigers officials that he has no such concerns and will honour his deal with the club from next season.
Thanks for posting.

Back