Isaiah Papali’i #265

This sounds really bizarre,
It's More like it's childish, or is it perhaps another devilish act by his manager or the slimes?

If this is true then the problem belongs to the one who created it and it's not the WT.

The WT should simply say this,,

Isaiah, we understand that you are passionate about working with Madge but it would be wrong and hypocricital if we were to grant you this request and then you continue to play with Parra under Arthurs.

Therefore we can only consider your request if and when Madge is employed by another club.

Reactions: 851
Not only are we demotivating existing players, but also players who have not yet played a game with us?
I thought it strange recently when Api Koroisau publicly declared he was happy if Tim Sheens was coach, but no such endorsement from Isiah Papali’i.
A tour of the CoE eh? That really sealed the deal for Ciraldo.

It's pretty simple - Tigers do not permit any release to the contract, if such a request did exist. There is no other solution. Even if Parramatta or Papali'i himself truly made an official request to worm out of the deal, you do not accept, no matter what.

It's one thing to accept an early release request of an existing player, if that is ultimately decided to be in your best interests, e.g. chance to spend future salary cap, remove a bad egg from your roster etc.

But to release a future signing before he's even played - you simply cannot afford to do that, otherwise you undermine every contract with every future player. No club can afford to do it, Tigers or otherwise.

For example, it's not Tigers' fault that IP negotiated his contract when he did, and if he wants more money, that's an entirely different conversation. It's also unwarranted because both Tigers and Parramatta have made roster decisions based on accepted contracts, so it's only since IP was signed that Luch, Garner and Telma have left.

So even if the story is true, this is not anything like Matterson or Aloiai, and the cooling-off periods that Tedesco used on Canberra do not exist any more.

Without seeing IP's contract, I am certain there are also guarantees on things like who the head coach is, club's ladder position etc.

This is the final line in the sand for me. Let him go and I'm gone and I won't come back. They won't miss me one bit but, in time, I won't miss them either.
There will be many others on here that feel the same way mate, self included, don’t care whether they miss me or not, I’ll not miss them lol

Reactions: 851
Really?…care to explain how can he have two employers concurrently…..
The contract is in effect now, it will have been lodged with NRL and contain signatures of the date of execution / agreement.

You can enter an agreement now for activity that will occur in the future, and there are a million examples of this.

For example knocking down my house - I will enter a agreement with the builder months before any work starts, but that doesn't mean my contract only applies at the point they start laying bricks. I can't back out without agreement or compensation for the builder.

Not sure if it's true and have no doubt that Paps is feeling this way. I love the Tigers but if I was a top backrower who wanted to win a premiership, then I wouldn't want to be at the Tigers either.

However, thinking it and acting on it are different things. Let's see if we get served a request from the manager.

Again, if true, Papali'i is in the wrong here but we have also done it to ourselves by being such a basketcase.

If I was advising him, it'd be hard to convince him to join the Tigers other than saying "you gotta keep your word"

Really?…care to explain how can he have two employers concurrently…..

Day 1 Contract Law....FROLIC

He has two CONTRACTS, not employers.

A Contract has Consideration and that Consideration can not be exclusive. His Consideration under one Contract is to play and train for Parramatta until 31/10/2022 and Parras Consideration is to pay him until then. His Consideration under the Tigers Contract is to play/train from 01/11/2022 to 31/10/2025 and Tigers pay him from then.

Let’s not all rip into the bloke he hasn’t asked for a release he’s simply asked who the coach is going to be some basic and fair questions
Agreed - there is every chance this was probably a very reasonable request to talk about the club's future, same as any pending Warriors, Titans or Bulldogs signing might ask to have.

And some journos spin the conversation in one direction (funnily enough, the DT making a soap opera about it) and other journos calling it opposite.

His employment contract with WT commences Nov 1, 2022.
He has already entered into a contract with the WT's to provide his services to the club from that date and the club have undertaken to pay him ~$600K/a from that date and for the following 3 years. He is subject to a binding employment contract. He cannot just walk away from it and the club would have numerous legal remedies if he did.

Surely the club isn't that stupid to put a coaching clause in the contract. If they are then whoever made that contract should be sacked.

There should also be a review on why Madge was sacked because it has been a disaster.
Come on Earl . . . . everyone knows Madge HAD to be sacked so we could finally put and end to the inept performances, poor bench rotations and endless losses and pea-heart efforts on field.
Like, surely you can see how much better we are for sacking him ?
The greatest irony would be if IP could walk from his contract coz we sacked Madge.
It would take the stupidity of sacking him to a whole new level.

Back