Isaiah Papali’i #265

As much as i want Papalli to be at our club next season .. but your right mate .. dragging this out will only get ugly for the club and make us look silly .. cause in the long run all he and his manage have to do is call in the "mental health 2 card trick" and we'll have to let him go .. and by then its probably too late for us to find another player to come to the club with the money we would have spent on Papalli .. so wear the pain now .. instead of 5 months on down the track when its gonna be too late to get another player. (take the pain for gain ;-))
Dragging it out only makes him and Parra look stupid.

The law of contracts is simple all you need is
-an offer
-an acceptance of that offer
- consideration meaning $ specified
So he's contracted and if he didn't honour it he is in breach of contract and could be sued for damages .The problem being how do you calculate damages .Could be difficult to put a figure on
Then if player doesn't put in or plays half hearted what do you do ?
It seems that only nrl have power to enforce because they can have rules that are above and separate to law .like making player sit out 1 season
They can go elsewhere after that years 2 and 3 but no pay for the year they sit out . The Nrl always talk about integrity so show they mean it !

How much are you charging for this advice?

I'm not stating he is average. I'm stating he has been given a fair value contract which I think you agree with. I bolded the part that is important.

If we signed him for a million we'd have screwed ourselves over.

It's a 3 year top dollar contract. It's a good deal for him. It's also a good deal for us.

We should just relax and see what happens. We shouldn't be offering a cent more because we should view ourselves as a top 8 side.

We beat out every other team when he signed a 3 year contract. It's a registered contract.

The club should quitely contact his manager and state we have a deal and there shouldn't be any discussions with any other club in relation to contracts for another 2 years as per the NRL rules.
Are the warriors now liable for negotiating with papaliti who is contracted player to the West Tigers for 3 years starting from November 2022 to 2025. But contract signed a while ago.

Ow God tamou just shut up

I think they got him abit off guard then and I think he’s seeing more from a players point of view then a fans

But it does bother more how he didn’t mention that comming to this club would be great for his career and there are a lot of successful times ahead
But Maby that’s because we haven’t offered him an extension

the more this goes on and the longer he doesn't want to be here and play us for fools I couldn't care if he stays or leaves. Screw him why keep a player that will put half assed performances we can use his money on a replacement.

Reactions: BZN
I think they got him abit off guard then and I think he’s seeing more from a players point of view then a fans
Yeah I think the same. Still though
Can we do a Darius on the media for a while.
Bye Emma Lawerence.
Just one word answers… or Give them nothing. We give too much.

sign Jonny and Papai will be backed up all day , we just need to hold fast and say to papi your locked in bloke , if you want out it will be a shitty deal , warriors only 3 years no other club

Reactions: 851
2GB sports show tonight heard Brad fittler say, papalii signed a contract before the season started he should honor it, tigers have allowed 3 2nd rowers to sign elsewhere for next year, honor what you signed or your reputation not good, if the tigers give in to papalii I don't care who else tigers sign, the club hasn't done anything wrong, time to stand up Pascoe for the fukn members and fans, if the official's don't we'll be a joke to any player we sign and easily backflip.

I refinanced through various banks many times. Just took one phone call. No contract is water tight sorry.
Yeah you can get out of bank contracts to change banks, there's penalty fees and the like to discharge the mortgage. That's an agreed termination of contract which means the contract is doing exactly what it is intended to do.

I'm saying ring the bank tomorrow and tell the bank who have a contract with you to pay them X dollars a week every week for an agreed period and just say you're not going to honour the contract, cease payments and have no interest in an agreed termination, you're walking away and not paying any contract termination fees or anything because you can't be forced to. See how that goes.

2GB sports show tonight heard Brad fittler say, papalii signed a contract before the season started he should honor it, tigers have allowed 3 2nd rowers to sign elsewhere for next year, honor what you signed or your reputation not good, if the tigers give in to papalii I don't care who else tigers sign, the club hasn't done anything wrong, time to stand up Pascoe for the fukn members and fans, if the official's don't we'll be a joke to any player we sign and easily backflip.

Filter also said if Papalii comes to the Tigers and sulks next year then he will make a fool of himself so see what that does for his reputation going forward.

Back