Isaiah Papali’i #265

Totally different situation. Madge got paid out.

Is Papali'i going to give us 1.9 million over the next 3 years to pay out his contract?

There are quotes and snippets of information around the place that he is looking forward to working with the new coaching team.

He just needs to state this to the media with out all the ambiguity that has so far surrounded this matter and all the noise magically goes away.

If he is not smart enough or have the eloquence to do it then his manager should do it for him.

How the NRL let player managers get away with some of the shit they do, and to make matters worse it looks like they are about to lift the ban on that scumbag Isaac Moses.
Can the NRL do anything right??
They failed at nearly every issue they faced!
Instead the teams, there are a plenty of arguments that the NRL office (officials, refs, bureaucrats etc. ) shall be re-located to Siberia or Campuchia where the system and guards will re-educate and teach them some rules!

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
not my job to sell it so I couldn't tell you
I didn’t think it was lol. Was more interested in your ideas or suggestions because you highlighted the point.

For me, the vision is for the club to be in with a chance at the end of the season. Pap could be instrumental and a part of the new tigers if he wanted a challenge. Bring along the younger guys for the ride. Perhaps create a legacy?

Yea like it was alright for us to break Madges contract and telling him he's finished, but when the shoe is on the other foot people blow up.

He doesn't want to be a tiger otherwise he would have committed

“Us”? There’s no us as you’re nothing but a lame Eels troll masquerading as a Tiger fan.

Now piss off back to the Eels forum and try not to trip on any of your 14 wooden spoons on the way there, ass clown.

Last edited:
The drivel of the eels sooks infesting the forum reminds me of the utterances of the official spokesman of the the Chinese Communist Party- keep talking nonsense and you might end up believing it.

Clint Newton is nothing more than a puppet but his statement holds weight. contract's a contract and both parties signed it in good faith. see you in January, Ice.
I've been noticing you finish your posts with..... lce.....and have wondered what it meant.
So I had a look on google and bingo, I now know.
I'll have to stop being rude to you now wont I ;) :D

The law of contracts is simple all you need is
-an offer
-an acceptance of that offer
- consideration meaning $ specified
So he's contracted and if he didn't honour it he is in breach of contract and could be sued for damages .The problem being how do you calculate damages .Could be difficult to put a figure on
Then if player doesn't put in or plays half hearted what do you do ?
It seems that only nrl have power to enforce because they can have rules that are above and separate to law .like making player sit out 1 season
They can go elsewhere after that years 2 and 3 but no pay for the year they sit out . The Nrl always talk about integrity so show they mean it !
Yes, it's all about the NRL showing integrity and enforcing the rules whatever they are, who actually knows?
As far as I can see it's left to each club to battle it out with the player.
A signed contract should be what it means.....game, set, bingo, game over.

If Wests Tigers make him sit out 3 years his value will decline rapidly.
I'd be playing hardball or the circus will just continue.
There was once a man who said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" by all accounts he was a pretty smart bloke.
Make him sit out for 3 years at $650,000 per year, that's an awful lot of $$$ wasted and could mean we miss out on getting the signature of a really good player to replace him.

The drivel of the eels sooks infesting the forum reminds me of the utterances of the official spokesman of the the Chinese Communist Party- keep talking nonsense and you might end up believing it.
They need to go through a reeducation program to fix their heads.

• Haha
I think it's best every one of us email pascoe, sheen's and the club to stand up for the members and fans, not to back down, there's roughly 3,000 registered on here, someone kindly put up a link to email them and let them all know or no membership renewal

And who's to say the next 'big' signing would not do the same. WT make a stance. Would rather lose that money than give in to the Slimeys.
Imo it has to be up to the NRL to enforce the rules of the contracts, which they obviously haven't done so far.
It's unfair for WT or any other club to have to battle against these irresponsible dudes.

Make him sit out for 3 years at $650,000 per year, that's an awful lot of $$$ wasted and could mean we miss out on getting the signature of a really good player to replace him.
Need to make a stand, have to show a bit of dedication to the cause to fix it and force the NRL's hand and embarrass them into doing something.

People like Dennis Tutty made sacrifices that ended up in changes that needed to happen.

That was at a time when the media didn't have the kind of saturation like it does today and funnily enough he ended up coming back and playing for Balmain some time later.

A round of applause for our meat head captain Tamou for suggesting he does whatever he wants.

Can't wait for that rockhead to piss off.
Yep, it was a very poor effort from Our Captain to come out with what he did.
He stumbled and bumbled not knowing what to say then said the wrong thing.
Please WT...... don't let him be interviewed about anything in the future.

And we won't look silly if we let yet another player renege on a legally-binding contract on top of Moses, Matterson, Cleary and Aloiai? We hoild all the aces in our hand but you want to fold to a bloke whose got a pair of twos.
There is no card he can play, mental health or otherwise, that gets him out of this contract.
I like the way you worked the card references into your post, very clever.

And in order to try and focus all of his attention on Parra this year, he is now occupying headlines of every media outlet across the state. Thus creating distraction away from his finals charge with Parra.

Good to hear Clint Newton come out and to tell him to honour the contract. I remember hearing a while back that the RLPA were really keen on keeping the November 1 system for clubs signing players to ensure security for them. A backflip that has been this public would not serve them well in convincing the NRL to keep this system the way it is.
Yes, it is good that C. Newton has come out to tell IP to honour the contract.
But imo there is a difference between this and him saying something like "you've signed a contract that you cannot get out of so pull your finger out and realise there is no alternative to you going to WT next year".
The fact he didn't say that is he has a pretty good idea WT can't or wont enforce his contract.
Just my opinion and I really hope I am wrong.

I think it's best every one of us email pascoe, sheen's and the club to stand up for the members and fans, not to back down, there's roughly 3,000 registered on here, someone kindly put up a link to email them and let them all know or no membership renewal
Yes, where is Justin these days? Hat sales must be keeping him busy, thanks to all the media attention.

• Haha
Rubbish, let him take the mental health card and then expose him. Easy to do if he’s already stated he wants to stay at pawa, now warriors because it suites his mental health card!
No way, this is it stick to your guns tigers, don’t relent. As said before line in the sand stuff, we let slimey, the lawn mower man and head knock Maddison, but let’s face it they are trash humans! Better gone
But IP he either plays for us or has a three year job working at woollies. He will change his tune once he’s here, stay tuff tigers, stay tuff.
A mental health problem has to be a darn good reason to NEED to pull out of a contract.
But it cant just be him saying he has a problem. Surely it would need to be a genuine and diagnosed issue with some sort of proof reqd from a Psych or Psych.

Yea like it was alright for us to break Madges contract and telling him he's finished, but when the shoe is on the other foot people blow up.

He doesn't want to be a tiger otherwise he would have committed
A few things. One he has committed by signing a contract and the RLPA have told him unless the Tigers agree you go. So he clearly has no get out clauses. If he wishes to continue his career as a Rugby League player it will be with Wests Tigers.

Parramatta are carrying on like absolute clowns with this and it just makes them look foolish. I’d hate to be one of there supporters at least we know we are a poor side they thing they’ve got a shot at the title when they are miles off.

Latest posts

Members online

Back