Isaiah Papali’i #265

Well what about API , he’s in exactly the same situation but happy to talk about his move next year !
Paps is really starting to annoy me with this prima donna attitude.
May also be a sign of maturity, Api has been around the game a long time, Paps is still very young to be fair.

Koroisau isn't really comparable to Papali'i either. Koroisau's already won a premiership at Penrith and they are looking likely to win another, plus they've got a good succession plan in place and on-top of that he's at the tail-end of his career. Much easier for him to move on to a pay rise and a new challenge when there's nothing left to achieve in your career.

Papali'i on the flip side is in a team that's got it's first genuine shot to win a title since the 1980s, he's young and while he signed with us at the time for a much better offer than Parra, it appears Parra would be willing to give him a similar deal now to the one we offered him.

With that said I don't have a problem with Papali'i's answer either. Put the other hat on and imagine you were a Parra fan. I wouldn't be happy if a currently contracted player of ours was talking about how excited he was to go to a rival in the midst of the club's best year in over a decade...

His Family and Manager
$$$$$$

Someone said on one of the shows the other day - 95% of the players these days,
Play for one thing.... Money!!

They don't play for their mates or premierships like they used to.
Except maybe Johnston from South’s who supposedly took a pay cut to stay with his mates.
Nice sentiment but it is pro ball so the money is important in a limited career life span.
I think a lot is to do with the power and influence of the player managers who manipulate the system to not only look after their players, but guarantee their commissions.
Exactly what I would probably do in their shoes.

Koroisau isn't really comparable to Papali'i either. Koroisau's already won a premiership at Penrith and they are looking likely to win another, plus they've got a good succession plan in place and on-top of that he's at the tail-end of his career. Much easier for him to move on to a pay rise and a new challenge when there's nothing left to achieve in your career.

Papali'i on the flip side is in a team that's got it's first genuine shot to win a title since the 1980s, he's young and while he signed with us at the time for a much better offer than Parra, it appears Parra would be willing to give him a similar deal now to the one we offered him.

With that said I don't have a problem with Papali'i's answer either. Put the other hat on and imagine you were a Parra fan. I wouldn't be happy if a currently contracted player of ours was talking about how excited he was to go to a rival in the midst of the club's best year in over a decade...
Agree with what you're saying - except for the last part.

He doesn't need to say he's excited about anything, he's not the first player to be asked about a future club - and all of them just respond with the cliche of 'focusing on this year'. It really isn't that hard. And if it really is just that he's focusing on the finals (which I don't believe) then he's making it worse for himself with his responses.

I.ve never seen a newly signed player ever be like this, straight up and be negative about the club he's signed for.
Give Matterson the break - at least he didn't spill his lollies till mid way through actually playing his first season.

I.ve never seen a newly signed player ever be like this, straight up and be negative about the club he's signed for.
Give Matterson the break - at least he didn't spill his lollies till mid way through actually playing his first season.
Matterson held out till the end of the season this bloke hasn’t even put a jersey on yet and he’s about to be he for 3 years haha

Mods can we not condense this into the LUKE BROOKS thread-its torture,ps can threads be blocked?
by us corporate free world ,union due paying wheel spinning hamsters

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back