Isaiah Papali’i #265

I'm pretty sure with us he was complaining about being in the middle.

That's how I remember it. Madge moved him to lock and he left to play on an edge. Wasn't long before Parra saw him as a middle too.

That's how I remember it. Madge moved him to lock and he left to play on an edge. Wasn't long before Parra saw him as a middle too.

I'm pretty sure that is what happened. It was funny because Parra put him in the middle as well. Luc is a much better edge forward than Matterson.

I always rated Matterson and still do but he is better in the middle.

I'm pretty sure that is what happened. It was funny because Parra put him in the middle as well. Luc is a much better edge forward than Matterson.

I always rated Matterson and still do but he is better in the middle.
So the sook attititude not a thing at other clubs..

Reactions: 851
Papali’i has signed a three-year deal with the Tigers which kicks off next season. However the star second-rower has admitted that he’s had second thoughts over leaving the Eels ever since Michael Maguire was sacked as Tigers coach.

“This is a really interesting story,” Rothfield told NRL 360 on Wednesday.

“He has a year to go at Parramatta, but three months ago they said to Nathan Brown go and have a look elsewhere, if you can find another joint long-term take it.

“What I can tell you is that the Tigers have approached his manager Mario Tartak with significant interest — they’re very, very keen.

“The problem is — and they didn’t want publicity but it’s not our job to protect that — the reason they didn’t want it to get out or to actually sign Brown now is they fear that will leave Parramatta with more money in the cap to up their offer to Papali’i, who is supposed to be coming to Wests Tigers.”

Does Buzz dream this stuff?
Why would anyone at WT say this to Buzz if they wanted it kept quiet? If this is anywhere close to factual, then it’s not looking good for us. ☹️

Papali’i has signed a three-year deal with the Tigers which kicks off next season. However the star second-rower has admitted that he’s had second thoughts over leaving the Eels ever since Michael Maguire was sacked as Tigers coach.

“He has a year to go at Parramatta, but three months ago they said to Nathan Brown go and have a look elsewhere, if you can find another joint long-term take it.

“What I can tell you is that the Tigers have approached his manager Mario Tartak with significant interest — they’re very, very keen.

“The problem is — and they didn’t want publicity but it’s not our job to protect that — the reason they didn’t want it to get out or to actually sign Brown now is they fear that will leave Parramatta with more money in the cap to up their offer to Papali’i, who is supposed to be coming to Wests Tigers.”

Why would anyone at WT say this to Buzz if they wanted it kept quiet? If this is anywhere close to factual, then it’s not looking good for us. ☹️
It’s Brown’s manager saying it not anyone at Wests Tigers. In the same segment it was also stated that the Tigers will not be releasing him, which is what the club and has said all along.

Why does it look bad for us. Everyone whinges on here that we don't play the cap properly. We should be like the big clubs. Well finally we used some nouse and held back an offer to deny the slime from having more room in their cap and you're worried that it will make us look bad. I say it was a great play and stuff what Buzz and the other hacks think.

More money in the cap at parra is inconsequential. Papalii has a contract

Kent replied with " I have spoken with Justin Pascoe and he said under no circumstances is he being allowed to stay there, he can sit out 3 seasons". Kent then said "I applaud Wests for doing this"

And how on earth would we sign a player who is contracted to the eels without eels know Hahaha

He really is showing a disdain for the Tigers fans and club with antics like that, joking or not. I actually don't want him, but I want to make him sit out on the sidelines just to stick to grub
Totally agree... I would love us to sit him out for 3 years now because the lack of respect he has shown for a club that signed to give him nearly 2Mil dollars is a joke..
I bet if his form was terrible this year and Tigers come out and said no we don't need him now as we can get a better player, Him and his so called Manager would be getting legal advice..

Comes across as a wanker IMO

Clearly his plan is to alienate himself from the club and the fans so much that we’re forced to release him.
I will be pissed if we just give in and not make him come or at least sit out 3 years.. Sick of been walked over and thats the reason we have the wooden spoon.. Players know and will continue to do this until WE as a club stop it.. Time to stand up for ourselves

Back