Isaiah Papali’i #265

A few things. One he has committed by signing a contract and the RLPA have told him unless the Tigers agree you go. So he clearly has no get out clauses. If he wishes to continue his career as a Rugby League player it will be with Wests Tigers.

Parramatta are carrying on like absolute clowns with this and it just makes them look foolish. I’d hate to be one of there supporters at least we know we are a poor side they thing they’ve got a shot at the title when they are miles off.
One it hits 1st Nov we should try and sign Dylan Brown just out of spite, at least push his price right up - (he would probably try backflip in a year if he did sign)

2GB sports show tonight heard Brad fittler say, papalii signed a contract before the season started he should honor it, tigers have allowed 3 2nd rowers to sign elsewhere for next year, honor what you signed or your reputation not good, if the tigers give in to papalii I don't care who else tigers sign, the club hasn't done anything wrong, time to stand up Pascoe for the fukn members and fans, if the official's don't we'll be a joke to any player we sign and easily backflip.

Brad Fittler saying "he SHOULD honor it" not he MUST AS HE HAS NO ALTERNATIVE.
Imo Fittler and others know if a player changes his mind they are 99% certain to get out of their contract.

I reckon the reason IP has come out and said what he has is because he is a decent bloke and is giving WT plenty of notice to organise a replacement as he wont be here.

If WT were a strong club we could demand he honor his contract, then if he wants to kick stones we could have him mowing the lawns for 3 years and it wouldn't have as much effect as it would on a WT as We are now ie desperate for players as good as We can get who genuinely want to do their very best for Us.
We need all our players out on the field giving their best.
I want IP to play for WT in 2023 and beyond as much as anyone and will be really pissed as much as anyone if he doesnt come here.
Contract problems wont change until the NRL introduce one that is watertight.

Tiger's already have let players leave who weren't happy, now those players are in papaliis ear, and moses and matterson also had a couple more years to go on their contracts, has it worked for tiger's releasing them, no, keep them in reserve grade from now on cause when the contract expires no club will sign them.
If they really dont want to be here do you think they will do anything else but kick stones in Reserve Grade?

Its interesting that he keeps using his focus on the season as a reason to say he can't comment about his future... maybe he'll be okay to speak about it when the eels choke and get knocked out week 1 of finals again.
Gee I dunno about Parra being knocked out week 1 of the finals.
Some of the footy experts [on the radio from memory] were predicting Parra to be the team to go up against Penfirr in the GF.

Yea like it was alright for us to break Madges contract and telling him he's finished, but when the shoe is on the other foot people blow up.

He doesn't want to be a tiger otherwise he would have committed
Then why did PAPPI sign.

Madge would have still been paid out, and yes we sacked him.

PAPPI signed a 3 year contract in Nov or Dec of 2021 starting Nov of 2022 & finish At seasons end in 2025.

You would think that if he backfliped we would have grounds for substantial compensation on the grounds we have allowed one Backrower walk and have not tried to re sign two others, based on him coming.

Really unless Our club rolls over he has zero out. He can claim what ever he likes, the Madge thing, mental health you name it. I just think our club can not roll over again no matter what deal they are offered. It’s all about perception and we are seen by many as being very weak when it comes to our management.

if douhie did end up at Melbourne in 2024 to replace Munster who goes to dolphins then we would just go all in on Dylan Brown or Burton
Brooks gets the long service discount so that cuts any negotiated salary for 2024 and beyond down by 200k
Key is Signing Hastings we can't afford to lose him.
Brooks on say 750k 2024 and 2025 is really only 550k
You then use the money saved there to go after Dylan Brown.

Need to make a stand, have to show a bit of dedication to the cause to fix it and force the NRL's hand and embarrass them into doing something.

People like Dennis Tutty made sacrifices that ended up in changes that needed to happen.

That was at a time when the media didn't have the kind of saturation like it does today and funnily enough he ended up coming back and playing for Balmain some time later.
Force the NRL into doing something about the ridiculous transfer system 💯 agree there @hank37w

Tigers have let players move on to secure him
Tigers didn’t chase other who may have signed with us but now are no longer available .
Tigers offer was very good and above Parra offer , he signed they low balled him why would you want to tay with them , first team out of finals again this year , take my tip

Yes, it's all about the NRL showing integrity and enforcing the rules whatever they are, who actually knows?
As far as I can see it's left to each club to battle it out with the player.
A signed contract should be what it means.....game, set, bingo, game over.
But, remember that we are talking the NRL where no law consistently applies, hence, the laws of the wild west, bullies, jungle, and kangaroo court prevail.😫

Brad Arthur's role in all of this has only confirmed the dubious character that he is.
Fronting the media on a couple of occasions to validate this 'backflip' is very poor. Unfortunately it speaks to the workd we live in these days.

Back