Isaiah Papali’i #265

The problem exists that he will stuff up the salary cap and planning. We vary well could have further signings if it wasn't for all this uncertainty. Huge implications to our club if somehow his contract does fall through.
It can only fall through if the tigers fold like a deck of cards stay strong and we win

there is a couple of pretty simple solutions.

iPap or any club can simply buy out his contract with us, just like we paid out Madge. no issue at our end. Of course it comes out of the new clubs cap or iPap's pocket so it won't ever happen.

he other alternatives are he comes here and gets paid on his existing contract or, we up the contract with the new salary cap (I dont have an issue with that) or he sits out and doesn't get paid and we can spend the cap money on someone who wants to be here.

However letting him not honour the legal contract should not be considered, even for a token payout to us. Player swaps are also not a great solution.

As Sticky would say, makes us look like.....

Personally I hope he turns up and I can cheer him on as we smash the eels

Contract can only be revoked by mutual agreement. He won't be playing anywhere else next year unless the Tigers agree to terminate the contract.
That's what I'm worried about, our club giving in, even though tigers are in the right, if the club does any future signings will easily backflip.

A WT player happened to mention something about WT DNA recently. When asked to describe what it was he spoke about throwing the ball around and attacking on every play, and thats fair enough if you're referring to style of play, as he would be aware of and couldnt mention on a public forum, the club's DNA, or culture is not based on a single onfield behaviour.
This is a test for our front office.
I thought the Dragons lost something when they gave Tallis a 12 month holiday.
We wouldn't take on the big boys at head office but how far are we willing to go to destroy this young vulnerable player's career?
Tigers aren't destroying his career, hes doing it to himself, why is it tiger's fault????? If the club gives in, give the NRL license back and close up, club is too weak

That's what I'm worried about, our club giving in, even though tigers are in the right, if the club does any future signings will easily backflip.
I would like to think we don't this time. We have let our whole second row from this year walk. Even with Papali'i here next year we have two first grade second rowers at the club with journeymen and kids after that. It's not acceptable

I emailed the club (reception) today to pascoe so hopefully he gets to read it as I couldn't find a link straight to pascoe, if the club allows a backflip future signings will always backflip on a weak club

Members online

Back