Isaiah Papali’i #265

We were talking about Pole here but I am pretty sure IP played right side last season at Parra but left the season before that.
Ip played rite last year for parra but in his first year played left and scored way more tries

In the interview he said Sheens gave him the option and he chose left which worked out well the Bateman who prefers the right. Didn’t sound like Bateman would be in the R1 team.

On the tigers website preview for this week
As if they’re hinting toward something 🤔

The barnstorming back-rower had an outstanding 2022 campaign as he played 28 matches alongside Mitchell Moses as the Eels marched to the Grand Final.

He’s been playing some good footy recently. Hard to knock a bloke trying to keep us in front. But, it was not the smartest play. By far the worst outcome for us on that play was a penalty and to fall behind by a point. Even if he makes the field goal it’s still only tied up.

Great attempt at a charge down by Papili'i and it seems that just the curse of the Wests Tigers resulted in him making contact with the kickers legs for a sitter penalty to lose the game.

Couldn't understand what the penalty was for at the game, but now that I am at home and looking at it can now see that the Wests Tigers curse has not left us.

Even at 18-0 I thought we were still the better team, just their kicking game and a bit of luck on their part got them home.

Brooks is still hopeless with his kicks for touch, while opposition teams seem to consistently make 2 or 3 times the ground that we make, very frustrating.

He's being going well and I'm not going to hold that penalty against him.

But we need to get smarter about how we use him in attack. Brooks has never been good and getting the best of his outside men which is one issue, but I feel like it's also a coaching problem just having Papali'i run crash plays and basic lines on the outside. He's never getting the ball in space or heading towards a hole. Brooks needs to run more direct and draw the inside defender better before passing, but I'd also like to see more Papali'i runs against the grain where he gets the ball and at least has 4 or 5m before first impact rather than getting hit immediately. Or at least some earlier ball in 3 on 3 situations since he's one of the best tackle busters in the league and has some nice hands + offloads in him.

I don't get the comments towards IP on this thread. He stuffed up. It wasn't an effort play it was dumb. He also needs to do more on the field. His attack isn't there at this point.

He needs to lift his game.

Staff online

Back