Isaiah Papali’i #265

On 100% footy tonight Abdo was guest, Weedler, Gus, Brace and Cam Smith were on the panel, Abdo was grilled about many topics...after he left, Weedler mentioned the interview he did with IP and how this is bad news for the Tigers as IP was non committal till after the year and wants to talk to the Tigers. Now, the entire Panel had a chance to raise the issue of player contracts and threats of backflips with Abdo, but they didn't, instead Weedler chose to break the story after Abdo left and couldn't help to mention the Tigers should be worried about a potential backflip....then smug Gus chimed in and said I told you long back when Madge was sacked 4-5 players want out....don't shoot the messenger for delivering the message he went on with his smug face...seriously, these media outlets and commentators just love to kick the Tigers.....

Papalii can talk to the Tigers all he wants. Doesn't alter the fact he has signed a binding 3 year playing contract with the club and, as matters stand, he plays for us or he plays for no-one. He can of course try to talk Sheens into letting him walk. Good luck with that Papalii!

If he stated in the interview he is excited to work with sheens benji and Farah doesn’t that mean he is more than likely going to be here? We all know the media love to make things look way bigger then they

If it’s more money he is after if happily pay him an extra 100k he’s easily the best second rower in the game

Papali’i was even more cryptic about whether he would honour his Tigers deal. While disappointed Tigers coach Michael Maguire had been axed, Papali’i said he would wait until season’s end to make a call, then spoke of his excitement at working with Tigers’ trio Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah.

I’d be surprised if he ends up coming, way too much noise
I totally agree with you, way too much noise, and after everything that has been played out in the media regarding the West Tigers i don't blame him at all. In saying that we need to lift our game and go to the market and convince another top line player to come here, and if we have to pay overs so be it, as other clubs can and will do this why can't we.

Reactions: 851
I’m not a lawyer, but have a question. If we force a player to join our team against his will, what performance guarantee do we have?
We stuffed up . Admit our mistake and move on. We don’t want another Blairathon for 2 years then he plays his natural game in his contract year.
We’ve already fought a few rounds with his agent and we’re still wearing the black eye.

For WT creditable and future success we need to make sure he arrives in November for pre season training with the WT.

Best second rower for the last two years. Give him more money if that is the issue he is worth it.

We need him and Api to lead WT to a new higher standard. To have the best hooker and second rower in the comp is what WT desperately need. The fans need some hope as well.

Player kicks stones because they want to play for a better team for more money and ultimately breaks contract early. Seems pretty similar.
They don't break a contract at all - they are released from their contract. Clubs make the decision as to whether it is worthwhile to enforce the contract or let the player go with compensation in return. Its entirely up to WT which way they go. IP has no legal grounds to get out of the contract.

I don’t know if upsetting/alienating the fans of the new club you’re supposed to be going to is a great play, and leads me to believe he is looking for a legal out or us to severe ties first. I hope I’m wrong cause I want him in tigers colours.

They don't break a contract at all - they are released from their contract. Clubs make the decision as to whether it is worthwhile to enforce the contract or let the player go with compensation in return. Its entirely up to WT which way they go. IP has no legal grounds to get out of the contract.
Right so Parra will flick us a few bob and we’ll use it to sign the next Tristan Reilly instead. What a powerful club 😂

Are you able to post this ? I didn't know about his talking up Sheens / Benji and Robbie.
That paragraph above is all that was in the article - the article was about Jacob Arthur and Dylan Brown and how well they are going at Parra. It was strange that the paragraph about IP was just tacked on the end of the article.

Heard audio of him this morning saying he wouldn’t make his mind up until after the World Cup ...

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
I’m not a lawyer, but have a question. If we force a player to join our team against his will, what performance guarantee do we have?
We stuffed up . Admit our mistake and move on. We don’t want another Blairathon for 2 years then he plays his natural game in his contract year.
We’ve already fought a few rounds with his agent and we’re still wearing the black eye.
No guarantees on his performance - but unless we enforce the contract we won't know how he will perform.

I don’t think he’s gonna move.
The interview I saw doesn’t indicate any positivity in the Tigers.
He loves Madge( partially because he is NZ coach) and he’s gone, so he wants out. Maybe Sheensy & co already know that and are working behind the scenes on a possible replacement.
That said , do we have a plan B given most of our other backrowers are leaving, or is it just the juniors coming through.
Just don’t mention Nathan Brown or Aaron Woods ever again.
PS. What’s happening with the M.Moses chat ?

Latest posts

Staff online

Back