Isaiah Papali’i #265

Fox are drama queens. Typified by Vossy's screaming and yelling with every play.
If he was calling a 🐌 snail footy game there would be all sorts of mayhem, antenna coathangers, grapple tackles, slipping and sliding..goo everywhere, carnage..for the love of god.
I like the way Buzz keeps a poker face and winds up Kenty. Gotta admit, I find it entertaining, but I can see how people get turned off by it.

Understand your thoughts but I disagree..
No one forced him to sign a contract and at that stage he signed it was a big pay increase.. He had to of known that Madge was on the cutting block (It was on the news every day) and no guarantee he would be here and he still signed. Could of easily add a coaches clause but he didn't.
IMO this is all brought about from the Eels as he said earlier in the near he was looking forward to coming here and bringing us back to where we belong. Than all of a sudden the Eels lose like 4 top line players and realise they need him so in crease offer and get into his ear.. Sorry if he was not good enough for the pay increase back then then bad luck..
How are clubs like us going to get better by just giving in ????
So your happy with us signing a few top line players every year and then give them the year to find a better deal while we sit back with our finger crossed..

Even the players union have advised him to honour his contract so he has 3 options..
1 - Come and once you arrive I'm sure you will fit right in and enjoy your time on a team on the rise.
2 - Come over and not put an effort in = Other clubs will take notice of your character and you will miss rep teams and potential higher pay down the track..
3 - Don't play at all for 3 years and get a normal job like everyone else.

Pretty Simple and I am 100% behind Tigers making a stance unlike the past..
Well said @hsvjones..... and I reckon if our so called NRL Integrity Unit actually has any integrity :unsure: , they need to get involved in this with serious questions asked of the degree of Parras involvement in Pappi's fairly obvious intention to renege on his contract with Our Wests Tigers.

We took it easy on the NRL by not exposing or digging further into the grubby and pathetic stolen points debacle, so I am strongly of the belief the NRL 'owe us one' by backing WT all the way 💪 if Pappi does ultimately decide he is staying at Parra.

Well said @hsvjones..... and I reckon if our so called NRL Integrity Unit actually has any integrity :unsure: , they need to get involved in this with serious questions asked of the degree of Parras involvement in Pappi's fairly obvious intention to renege on his contract with Our Wests Tigers.

We took it easy on the NRL by not exposing or digging further into the grubby and pathetic stolen points debacle, so I am strongly of the belief the NRL 'owe us one' by backing WT all the way 💪 if Pappi does ultimately decide he is staying at Parra.
Only if anything eventuates.

Just heard another POV regarding this.. keen to see what people's take on it is.

Basically, Tigers themselves have not held up their end of the bargain with others, we have sacked Sheens, Taylor and Madge in the last 10 years. We have essentially broken our contracts with them- these guys would've made life decisions on the basis that we will uphold the contract. Obviously, financially we have paid the price by paying them out.

IP though will lose nothing by breaking his contract. He's not going to lose his salary for the year. Someone will probably pay him the same or more $$ to be elsewhere.
Re "not held up their end of the bargain with others"

That is a complete MYTH.

Madge and co were paid out...they were paid the entire terms of their contract. Madge walked away with close to a million (that he was owed). Their contracts were NOT broken. Contracts all include clauses that they be paid out. Getting fired actually meant they got paid all their money to not work....not many people are as fortunate in real life.

IP actually could get out of his contract with us the same way...he could pay us 1.9 million (the contract's terms) like Sonny Bill did...and then be allowed to play wherever he likes.

EVERY club is entitled to 'sack' a coach if they want...but they have to pay them the full deal. Every. Single. Cent. Owed.

Last edited:
Fox are drama queens. Typified by Vossy's screaming and yelling with every play.
If he was calling a 🐌 snail footy game there would be all sorts of mayhem, antenna coathangers, grapple tackles, slipping and sliding..goo everywhere, carnage..for the love of god.
"Antenna coathangers" etc :ROFLMAO: good one Cobar.
I reckon Vossy is a very entertaining caller, and there is only one better imo 👉 Andrew Moore on good ol Aunty ABC.

That is a complete MYTH.

Madge and co were paid out...they were paid the entire terms of their contract. Madge walked away with close to a million (that he was owed). Their contracts were NOT broken. Contracts all include clauses that they be paid out. Getting fired actually meant they got paid all their money to not work....not many people are as fortunate in real life.

IP actually could get out of his contract with us the same way...he could pay us 1.9 million (the contract's terms) like Sonny Bill did...and then be allowed to play wherever he likes.

EVERY club is entitled to 'sack' a coach if they want...but they have to pay them the full deal. Every. Single. Cent. Owed.
I do get what he is saying Ellery.
In a way, without looking at the contract, he has a point.
If the contract says that if the club chooses to terminate the coaches' contract an X amount has to be paid to the coach , then no problem.
If it doesn't and we just pay out the remainder of the contract then in a way we have caused an injustice because the coach's reputation has been tarnished and could ruin his future as well as relolating his family, schools etc.
I would imagine that all contracts are written to protect both parties so what I'm saying maybe isn't relevant.
When a player renigs, it can effect the clubs future and very existence in the NRL.
If there are no relevant clauses and the player renigs then it has to go to court.
Until successful law suits are had by either club or player regarding situations like Papa then things will just go on and on...
Then again, our success rate with threatening legal action hasn't been that successful hey 🤔

I think a lot of people on here don’t get it if IP doesn’t up hold his contract and the tigers refuse to let him go then he is in breach , if he doesn’t play we don’t have to pay him and he can’t go elsewhere , so we cant lose other than not getting a player . Can’t see him sitting on the side lines for three years with no income unless he goes to union to play .

That is a complete MYTH.

Was just about to type this - couldn't have said it better! - thank you!

He'd be great at the mud wrestling.

Just heard another POV regarding this.. keen to see what people's take on it is.

Basically, Tigers themselves have not held up their end of the bargain with others, we have sacked Sheens, Taylor and Madge in the last 10 years. We have essentially broken our contracts with them- these guys would've made life decisions on the basis that we will uphold the contract. Obviously, financially we have paid the price by paying them out.

IP though will lose nothing by breaking his contract. He's not going to lose his salary for the year. Someone will probably pay him the same or more $$ to be elsewhere.

Contract can only be revoked by mutual agreement. He won't be playing anywhere else next year unless the Tigers agree to terminate the contract.

Fox Sports banging on we need to spend the money elsewhere....
We've already STILL got money to spend elsewhere, And we've freed up even more.....

We have money to buy other the quality players, Without having to worry about where we'll spend Papallis' money....

They don't want us to have the upper hand.
Fox Sports "news worthy" bias

I do get what he is saying Ellery.
In a way, without looking at the contract, he has a point.
If the contract says that if the club chooses to terminate the coaches' contract an X amount has to be paid to the coach , then no problem.
If it doesn't and we just pay out the remainder of the contract then in a way we have caused an injustice because the coach's reputation has been tarnished and could ruin his future as well as relolating his family, schools etc.
I would imagine that all contracts are written to protect both parties so what I'm saying maybe isn't relevant.
When a player renigs, it can effect the clubs future and very existence in the NRL.
If there are no relevant clauses and the player renigs then it has to go to court.
Until successful law suits are had by either club or player regarding situations like Papa then things will just go on and on...
Then again, our success rate with threatening legal action hasn't been that successful hey 🤔
"Then again, our success rate with threatening legal action hasn't been that successful hey."

That's because the club has never shown any courage to defend their rights.

I think a lot of people on here don’t get it if IP doesn’t up hold his contract and the tigers refuse to let him go then he is in breach , if he doesn’t play we don’t have to pay him and he can’t go elsewhere , so we cant lose other than not getting a player . Can’t see him sitting on the side lines for three years with no income unless he goes to union to play .
The problem exists that he will stuff up the salary cap and planning. We vary well could have further signings if it wasn't for all this uncertainty. Huge implications to our club if somehow his contract does fall through.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem exists that he will stuff up the salary cap and planning. We vary well could have further signings if it wasn't for all this uncertainty. Huge implications to our club if somehow his contract does fall through.
A WT player happened to mention something about WT DNA recently. When asked to describe what it was he spoke about throwing the ball around and attacking on every play, and thats fair enough if you're referring to style of play, as he would be aware of and couldnt mention on a public forum, the club's DNA, or culture is not based on a single onfield behaviour.
This is a test for our front office.
I thought the Dragons lost something when they gave Tallis a 12 month holiday.
We wouldn't take on the big boys at head office but how far are we willing to go to destroy this young vulnerable player's career?

Reactions: BZN
Back