Isaiah Papali’i #265

And I want the same but do you think us having a player, who doesn’t want to be there, will make us win more games.
Don’t get that Earl.
All I keep thinking is, is this guy like Adam Blair, and shudder.
If he was open and pumped then I would look forward to it, but at present he is exhibiting none of those traits.

He is right in the middle of playing finals for his current team. His focus should be solely on playing for them.

I think his attitude will change completely when he gets here.

Definitely not and it’s only speculation that it is.
But it’s been used as an reason before.
Look at Munster talking about his wife and QLD etc.

Prior to signing a contract. IP signed his contract with us a long time ago. It's a completely different situation.

If I was managing the team I'd be happy to release IP from his contract early. All any team has to do is come to us with a deal that we will accept.

I'd even give them some ideas. We'll happily take David Fifita, Angus Crichton and Marika Koriebete as a replacement for the deal we've offered IP - i.e. the same amount of money in total. If they really want IP they have to find some way to get the deal done.

I'd be living large on this situation if I was the Tigers. No club can offer him a contract and if they do then you hammer them to the NRL. If they face the situation directly then you give them impossible terms to deal with.

Your feedback useful and comments noted. So maybe it’s him who wants to go back to NZ to be with her.
My point is simple, if , for whatever reason he doesn’t want to join us, then why would we want him.
Don’t think it’s being soft if we say we only want you to be here if you truly want to be here and can contribute to a turnaround.
We’ve had more than enough players come to us and take our money but not give anything back.
This guy imo is not endearing himself to anyone at WT. so why should be bust a gut to prove a point.
Win the battle but lose the war. Not for me.
You know what he may not want to be here at the moment but he’s in the prime of his career. He’s an idiot if he comes here and plays like a bum. That would just ruin his career and future earnings. He will come and play to his best. If we back down for no reason we are soft

His manager has said he is coming. The Players Association have said he should honour his contract and according to this article from a month ago the NRL will back the Tigers should it get ugly.

People need to stop giving Foxsports clicks

His manager has said he is coming. The Players Association have said he should honour his contract and according to this article from a month ago the NRL will back the Tigers should it get ugly.

People need to stop giving Foxsports clicks

It was straight from ipap mouth

Ipapz

Ive heard the same mate. Released from his contract to join the warriors with Curran coming to us. If Eels are knocked out this week, it will be formally announced
If this was to happen does anyone rate Curran ?? I have not watched a lot of him so not sure how good he is

Ipapz
That explains why Josh Curran's name has been mentioned in other circles as coming to WT.
Ive heard the same mate. Released from his contract to join the warriors with Curran coming to us. If Eels are knocked out this week, it will be formally announced
Care to give an idea on your source?
Strong rumour at the moment mate doing the rounds. Heard it from a few different sources. Perhaps the @THE_POM can confirm if he has heard the same?

The way Papalii is carrying on makes me not want him. But…..he’s not going anywhere else without legal action. It’s breach of contract 101. Its not as if it’s a Heads of Agreement thats been signed, it’s an actual contract.

Ipapz

Strong rumour at the moment mate doing the rounds. Heard it from a few different sources. Perhaps the @THE_POM can confirm if he has heard the same?
Scouring Twitter as we speak 🤔🤔🤔

I would not renew my two full season memberships if they release him as it would show the club does not care as much as we all do.

I could not say I won’t follow them as it is indoctrinated into me from a young age. I would watch them on TV rather than go to each game.

May not mean much to the club , however this year they showed they were about money not results and we got the spoon when we could have fought to not have it with our full squad available rather than a fire sale to get some more coin that we cannot spend anyway.
That’s about where I’m at too.

Back