Isaiah Papali’i #265

my mail lines up what others have said here. my mate plays basketball with papalii and haze and said that they've told him there's a deal being worked out with the warriors as his partner homesick. he wouldn't confirm he was coming here because we are getting a warriors player, but my mate didn't know who it was. lines up with what @Eyeofthetiger 0 has said i guess. welcome curran, what a player he could be.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too worried...

His manager did confirm iPap is committing, can't back out from that.

To be fair, deep down he is committed, he already said he's excited to work with Sheens, and is obviously trying to block out the background noise. He's only refusing until the Eels finals campaign is over, put yourself in his shoes .. you'd be the same if you were really focused on finals footy right?

Whereas comparing this to Api, at least he did come out and said he's 100% committed to the decision and definitely won't back out.

I think that's pretty understandable.

If Pascoe and co. let him walk there should be a public stoning.
If that happens it will be the biggest insult to the Wests tigers they have ever received. The club would be rubbish in the eyes of the NRL fraternity. The club would take years to recover from the insult if it ever does. Wests tigers management needs to stand up and fight will all their might, But will they?. We all know how their supposed strong stand against the North Queensland disputed try finished.

Reactions: 851
my mail lines up what others have said here. my mate plays basketball with papalii and haze and said that they've told him there's a deal being worked out with the warriors as his wife homesick. he wouldn't confirm he was coming here because we are getting a warriors player, but my mate didn't know who it was. lines up with what @Eyeofthetiger 0 has said i guess. welcome curran, what a player he could be.
Mate, he isn't married. He has a girl friend but he isn't married.

His manager has said he is coming. The Players Association have said he should honour his contract and according to this article from a month ago the NRL will back the Tigers should it get ugly.

People need to stop giving Foxsports clicks
AND THIS….stop falling for dox sports trolls.

my understanding is that she goes between AUS/NZ and they would like to settle down in one spot.

He's dating Elle Temu. Believe she's recently made the Silver Ferns team.
She certainly has joined the NZ National squad for 22/23

Silver Ferns Squad:
Karin Burger
Gina Crampton
Ameliaranne Ekenasio
Sulu Fitzpatrick
Maddy Gordon
Kate Heffernan
Kayla Johnson
Kelly Jury
Phoenix Karaka
Grace Nweke
Mila Reuelu-Buchanan
Shannon Saunders
Te Paea Selby-Rickit
Whitney Souness
Elle Temu
Jane Watson
Maia Wilson

I would not renew my two full season memberships if they release him as it would show the club does not care as much as we all do.

I could not say I won’t follow them as it is indoctrinated into me from a young age. I would watch them on TV rather than go to each game.

May not mean much to the club , however this year they showed they were about money not results and we got the spoon when we could have fought to not have it with our full squad available rather than a fire sale to get some more coin that we cannot spend anyway.
Agree mate. My 4 Memberships won't be renewed. Club treat us like mugs. Winning games of footy isn't their aim. This season proved that and if they buckle on Papalii, i wont be attending.

homesick half the year as i understand it.

In my experience, when someone says "as I understand it" they are making shit up and hoping no one corrects it......As I understand it anyway.

So let me get your story straight.....as I understand it....in winter, she plays for the Northern Stars, in Auckland, New Zealand. In the off season, being summer, both her and her boyfriend are free to live on either side of the Tasman.

So as you understand it, when exactly does she get the time to be homesick?

it's come across my desk they spend most of their time in sydney and she would like to spend the whole year in NZ.

im just relaying the whispers ive heard. no need to get defensive.

I wouldn't be too worried...

His manager did confirm iPap is committing, can't back out from that.

To be fair, deep down he is committed, he already said he's excited to work with Sheens, and is obviously trying to block out the background noise. He's only refusing until the Eels finals campaign is over, put yourself in his shoes .. you'd be the same if you were really focused on finals footy right?

Whereas comparing this to Api, at least he did come out and said he's 100% committed to the decision and definitely won't back out.

I think that's pretty understandable.

His manager has thrown a dummy for mine...
Just sold that to get the heat off Paps cos it was blowing up, Wouldn't go away and affecting his Footy.

Reality of the situation is, He isn't expected here for 6 months after that call was made.

I can't see it happening.... Nothing has come from his mouth to suggest he's even remotely entertaining us as an option....
Furthermore - Parramatta haven't even been rumoured to be looking at a replacement.
They're losing 2/3 Back Rowers and have none coming through

Staff online

Back