Isaiah Papali’i #265

“I can understand why some people weren't happy, but the people who needed to know at the Tigers knew what my plans were,” Papali'i told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“I've been in contact with (Sheens) throughout the year. I didn't want my individual talks to worry the (Eels) group given the opportunity we had.

“I'm looking forward to the challenge in 2023 and the three years I've got at the Tigers. I'm all in. I'll be putting as much effort in there as I did at this club, that's a promise.”

Well that makes sense, but what doesn’t is the bluster from the board indicating an alternative sit out?
Is the board now only given information they need to know?
Is this more confirmation and acknowledgment of where our problem lies?
Honestly people, we thought things were bad, but not being able to laugh at ourselves drops to another level.
Let’s hope having a chuckle never gets you 10 in the bin 🤣

“I can understand why some people weren't happy, but the people who needed to know at the Tigers knew what my plans were,” Papali'i told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“I've been in contact with (Sheens) throughout the year. I didn't want my individual talks to worry the (Eels) group given the opportunity we had.

“I'm looking forward to the challenge in 2023 and the three years I've got at the Tigers. I'm all in. I'll be putting as much effort in there as I did at this club, that's a promise.”

Well that makes sense, but what doesn’t is the bluster from the board indicating an alternative sit out?
The board never publicly said he would sit it out. Kent said Pascoe told him that

The board never publicly said he would sit it out. Kent said Pascoe told him that

Also questioned in relation to a position that Kent and the media seem to have fabricated entirely....

My take is that Parra were pressuring him to try get out - The exact same as they did with Matterson... And put him in an uncomfortable situation.
That said - I think if the offer is the same, And he could get out - He stays at Parra.

Reactions: 851
while the whole thing was handled poorly by IP, there was no indication from him or his management that he was never coming.

if he had second thoughts at any point you can hardly blame him. he signed to play under Madge and our onfield performances were pathetic. that said, the media whipped this up into a frenzy that is still being promoted to this day.

happy to hear he's committed and excited to get started. he is a footballer of the highest calibre and will be an integral part of our rebuild.

Oops, silly me. I honestly thought Pascoe as the CEO spoke for the board.

You could look at it that way.....
Or that half the crap that comes out of Kents mouth is rubbish...

For the amount of shit Kent puts on Pascoe -personally, and the Tigers in general over the last 3 years. - I wondered (After he made that comment) how many friendly "Old mate" conversations Kent would actually be having with Pascoe....

I can't think back to a week where I could imagine they'd be catching up for a coffee...

Reactions: 851

For the amount of shit Kent puts on Pascoe -personally, and the Tigers in general over the last 3 years. - I wondered (After he made that comment) how many friendly "Old mate" conversations Kent would actually be having with Pascoe....

I can't think back to a week where I could imagine they'd be catching up for a coffee...
They all feed the machine to enhance their livelihoods.

They all feed the machine to enhance their livelihoods.
Understood....
But - the way kent said it, was like he just asked him in passing....

I immediately thought,
Surely - after all the shit canning you've been giving him all year, You don't ring him up and go "Hey mate, How's the family? What's news at the club?"

Understood....
But - the way kent said it, was like he just asked him in passing....

I immediately thought,
Surely - after all the shit canning you've been giving him all year, You don't ring him up and go "Hey mate, How's the family? What's news at the club?"
“I spoke to Justin Pascoe and said what happens if Papali’i says ‘I’ll stay at Parramatta’ and he said ‘he can sit out three seasons.’ It was as simple as that,” Kent said.
“He said under no circumstances are they going to release him to stay at Parramatta and if it gets to the point where he basically tries to take them on and stay at the Eels, they just said he can sit it out.”

I didn’t know the two of them had history? In that case Pascoe may have suspected Kent was asking for a friend, but fired up and let loose with it on 360 which is probably where I first heard it.
I can understand Pascoe’s motivation, but to me it sounded like another job offer as a green keeper at LO.

“I spoke to Justin Pascoe and said what happens if Papali’i says ‘I’ll stay at Parramatta’ and he said ‘he can sit out three seasons.’ It was as simple as that,” Kent said.
“He said under no circumstances are they going to release him to stay at Parramatta and if it gets to the point where he basically tries to take them on and stay at the Eels, they just said he can sit it out.”

I didn’t know the two of them had history? In that case Pascoe may have suspected Kent was asking for a friend, but fired up and let loose with it on 360 which is probably where I first heard it.
I can understand Pascoe’s motivation, but to me it sounded like another job offer as a green keeper at LO.

Yeah - I saw it....
And understood it.
It's odd to me, Kent is always hammering Pascoe
- If a bloke in my game said half that crap about me that Kent does Pascoe...
I wouldn't give him the time of day.
There's been plenty in the NRL that don't - Journos, Players and Coaches..... Plenty of them pretend the other doesn't exist.

Kent just doesn't strike me as a guy that Shitcans a bloke relentlessly, And then chats to him
- about anything...
If he doesn't like someone - He doesn't like them....
To the point he's fallen out with work colleagues and then crapped on them in the paper afterwards.

Anyhow, For all I know - They could be best mates (Or next door neighbours)
Plenty of stuff on that show from those Journos on the club that's unwarranted, Or simply not true (As this has proven) So would be hard to assume that statement was...

The conversation more likely started with Kent asking if papa would be at the club next year and being told that he would be, followed by the what if he doesn't show up rubbish.

The point being, in spite of all the handwringing by the bed wetter here, the board and management of Tigers never publicly said he would sit it out. The all publicly said he is coming. Just as I did weeks ago. The rest is made up

Well isn’t that a much better and more positive response from IP. Exactly what we were calling for.
As far as the sit out, sounds a little like a media beat up to me, especially given what has been said by IP that Sheens knew the circumstances.
Welcome Isiah and we wish you every success in the future.

Members online

Back