Isaiah Papali’i #265

Don't forget the fact that buzz came
out and gave himself a pat on the
back for Sheens' HC appointment.
You get the impression that Tim is
just busy running an NRL team..
And Rothfields voice messages
aren't being returned in a timely fashion..
yup i totally agree with you..well said Kaito...Tim has been around the game too long too worry about old drunks like Buzz..Buzz must be hating theres no leaks anymore and the club has finally turned around..im for one excited for the future

Often explanations for our players dropping the ball. Eyesight problems, or flippers for hands.
Yeh, I was being naughty, I thought he had improved heaps in that area. I was his harshest critic in those initial dropsies games of his but he's doin alright.
I don't think he's as good as To'a but competition is good.

I would think Klemmer, *Bateman*, Papali'i and Korisaour is better then what the Bulldogs have got recruitment wise this year.
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Steph/Offa/Pole
11. Papi
12. Blore/The Bateman 🦇
13. Offa/Brown

Dont care what anyone on the planet says, if the Tigers snare Bateman, thats an instant top 4 pack right there.

8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Steph/Offa/Pole
11. Papi
12. Blore/The Bateman 🦇
13. Offa/Brown

Dont care what anyone on the planet says, if the Tigers snare Bateman, thats an instant top 4 pack right there.
"I would think Klemmer, *Bateman*, Papali'i and Korisaour is better then what the Bulldogs have got recruitment wise this year.""

OK so Bulldogs:
Luke thompson
Reed Mahoney
Viliame Kikau
Raymond FM
Ryan Sutton (from Canberra?)
Tevita Pangai Junior.

Look I am glad we seem to be getting a good pack.
Without Bateman we are way worse then the Bulldogs.

With Bateman, it's pretty close.
Api > Mahoney but both can do the job.
Papi/Bateman/offa beats RFM/Sutton/TPJ (unless tpj has a freek day).
Just
Klemmer + pole is no where near as good as Kikau + Thompson.

"I would think Klemmer, *Bateman*, Papali'i and Korisaour is better then what the Bulldogs have got recruitment wise this year.""

OK so Bulldogs:
Luke thompson
Reed Mahoney
Viliame Kikau
Raymond FM
Ryan Sutton (from Canberra?)
Tevita Pangai Junior.

Look I am glad we seem to be getting a good pack.
Without Bateman we are way worse then the Bulldogs.

With Bateman, it's pretty close.
Api > Mahoney but both can do the job.
Papi/Bateman/offa beats RFM/Sutton/TPJ (unless tpj has a freek day).
Just
Klemmer + pole is no where near as good as Kikau + Thompson.
Thompson is average at best, Kikau also has many days where he is absent, not that far off to be honest.

I’d say tacky stirred the kennel up
Imo last year’s signing of the dogs tpj and jac just give them the edge. Tpj can turn a game but imo run’s sideways too much.

Yeah we've both recruited well but they've done better. They're better run than us at the moment, using TPAs the way they're supposed to be.

Recruit watch: Isaiah Papali'i
NRL Wed 18 Jan 2023, 06:01 AM

The NRL market has been in full swing for 2023 with several stars switching clubs ahead of the new season.

NRL.com takes a look at the major transfers and how your club will benefit from a star arrival.

Isaiah Papali’i (Wests Tigers)
Position they'll fill: Second row
Contracted until: 2025

SmartSelect_20230118-072216_DuckDuckGo.jpg

New recruits Api Koroisau and Isaiah Papali'i share a laugh at training.

What Papali’i will bring​

Former Parramatta forward Isaiah Papali’i arrives to Wests Tigers in slightly different fashion to when he first departed the Warriors in 2020 for Sydney’s west.

Papali’i was a fringe forward at best when Brad Arthur first signed the 24-year-old for a two-year stint that would in the end change his career forever.

Papali’i is one of the most improved and damaging forwards in the game and turns up to Concord as a player who is a consistent and marquee man.

In 2022, Papali'i got through plenty of work in his 28 appearances for the Eels, finishing in the NRL's top 10 in several statistical areas - most runs (fifth - 426), most contact metres (fourth - 1,465m) and most tackles (sixth - 983), while he was 13th for most offloads with 37.

He finished with nine tries, five try assists, 10 line break assists and 12 line breaks, in a year that saw him end up back in the international fold with the Kiwis under Michael Maguire.

Why it will work

You only have to look at where Wests Tigers ranked in 2022, not only on the ladder but in the basic attacking stats areas (metres, post-contact, line breaks) to know that Papali'i is going to improve those numbers immediately.

While there was initial uncertainty around whether the former Eel would actually commit to the switch after a big final year at Parramatta, he has now settled into his new club and there is no reason why he can't be one of the signings of 2023.

Wests Tigers have been crying out for leaders, particularly in their engine room, and Papali’i should provide plenty of support on the right edge alongside five-eighth Adam Doueihi.

The further signings of Api Koroisau, David Klemmer and John Bateman should also take initial heat off Papali'i to hit the ground running.

After a big World Cup campaign, this next move for Papali'i will allow him to take on a new challenge and continue to develop into one of the best second-rower's in the game.

1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣%💪

Latest posts

Members online

Back