Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who plays centre?
Or does Lord AD play both?

That would be awesome. My favorite player but Hastings is catching.

I think ideally we have all 3 of them in the team. Madden misses out because you just don't need that many play makers. Brooks is much more versatile than Madden.

This year I think it's a no brainer AD plays centre but longer term it's tougher. My masterstroke plan is to have Laurie, AD and Brooks rotating in the 1, 6 and bench utility roles. They each play a different number each week. Maybe even make it a pot luck.

That would be awesome. My favorite player but Hastings is catching.

I think ideally we have all 3 of them in the team. Madden misses out because you just don't need that many play makers. Brooks is much more versatile than Madden.

This year I think it's a no brainer AD plays centre but longer term it's tougher. My masterstroke plan is to have Laurie, AD and Brooks rotating in the 1, 6 and bench utility roles. They each play a different number each week. Maybe even make it a pot luck.
I could think of something that rhymes with pot luck, in reference to describing your post?

next step is yet 2 come when they bash barge him ,n how the team responds

if anyone can please post the Brooks and Hastings interview from today’s paper article, would be much appreciated 1651270165632.png

if anyone can please post the Brooks and Hastings interview from today’s paper article, would be much appreciated View attachment 891

https://fb.watch/cIbHyzCgxa/

Not sure if this link will work. If not it’s available on the Daily Telegraph Facebook page with no paywall.

Takeaway is Hastings Brooks forever! Hastings does seriously flag forming a long term partnership though with Brooks so we need to push him to re-sign and upgrade ASAP

Not sure if this link will work. If not it’s available on the Daily Telegraph Facebook page with no paywall.

Takeaway is Hastings Brooks forever! Hastings does seriously flag forming a long term partnership though with Brooks so we need to push him to re-sign and upgrade ASAP
The Matthew Johns / Cooper Cronk interview where they discussed Hastings during the week was very good too

On current form, taking into account that he has only played a few games so far, what does everyone think Jackson Hastings is worth?

Will Brooks stay and will he take a pay cut in order for us to be able to make Hastings a reasonable offer so both can stay and form a longer term combination?

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

On current form, taking into account that he has only played a few games so far, what does everyone think Jackson Hastings is worth?

Will Brooks stay and will he take a pay cut in order for us to be able to make Hastings a reasonable offer so both can stay and form a longer term combination?

3 years 1.8m

Hastings is worth more than Brooks. Brooks if he stays has to take a massive pay cut assuming the figures of 1 million (I notice this is his reported salary next year now) are anywhere near true.

I reckon about 700k-800k for Hastings and 400k-500k for Brooks.

Since taking over at HB, Hastings' 2 games have seen him touch the ball more than any other HB in the comp.
He touches it 88% more than the league average, and 82% more (on average) than the Top 4 HB’s.

View attachment 857
That’s a useful statistic, when you consider as I’ve previously pointed to, when Brooks played 7 his possessions were also highest in the league.
This is an indication that we don’t have a lot of options one off the ruck. Another reason why Adam would be useful at 13, even if it does sometimes push Brooks wider it wouldn’t be a negative.

Thanks for that, it was a great few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back