Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hodgo said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322328) said:
where did this come from i hope its fact

Chammas on ch9 breaking news!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-send-sos-to-hastings-as-pressure-builds-on-brooks-20210325-p57dy9.html

Says they want to use him as a ball playing lock. Madness! I hope that part is wrong.

@weststigerman said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322332) said:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-send-sos-to-hastings-as-pressure-builds-on-brooks-20210325-p57dy9.html

Says they want to use him as a ball playing lock. Madness! I hope that part is wrong.

That's what the forum has been clamouring for! Don't see him playing much there

Do not want any dummy spits at this stage !

Hope brooks on 900 wrong

got 2b a1/2 back,get him here now,he has mongrel,change our season from so so 2 top 8

Michael Chammas
25 March 2021

Wests Tigers have fast-tracked plans to lure the son of former Roosters great Kevin Hastings back to Australia after a drama-plagued initiation to the NRL. Hastings’ manager, Sam Ayoub, also manages Wigan coach Adrian Lam.

Tigers sources told the Herald the pursuit of the 25-year-old is not a reflection of the club lacking faith in Brooks, however the halfback’s performances over the first two rounds have cast doubt over his ability to lead the club to the finals for the first time since 2011.

Brooks, who was one of coach Michael Maguire’s first retention decisions when he joined the Wests Tigers, is contracted until the end of 2023. It is understood the halfback, who has won 42 per cent of games since his debut in 2013, is on a contract worth close to $900,000 a season over the next two years.

The Tigers had shown interest in Hastings over the off-season, offering the former Roosters and Manly playmaker a deal for this year, as well as the next two seasons.

The Tigers want to use Hastings as a ball-playing lock, similar to the role Connor Watson plays with the Knights. He will also add depth in the halves, as well as at hooker where they have a heavy reliance on Jacob Liddle. Hastings also kicks goals, an area the Tigers have struggled in recent years.

Hastings played 47 games across five seasons in the NRL, leaving the Sea Eagles following a public fallout with Daly Cherry-Evans and then Manly coach Trent Barrett after an altercation following a night out at a Gladstone strip club in 2018.

Hastings has scored 20 tries in two seasons in the Super League.

@upthetigers said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322336) said:
Wow! Does anyone know how Hastings has been playing in the Super League?

Don't think they've started yet... was voted man of steel last year, their equivalent to Dally M In 2019

Yess! Give me Hastings at Lock.

Yess! Give me Brooks to Cows.

Lol best article ever. Hope it comes to fruition.

I would be willing to try Mbye at Lock also, I think he would do well there if we don’t get Hastings.

Send brooks to cowboys, we can pay some of his salary to get him off the books... then bring Hastings in.

@tony-soprano said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322335) said:

Hope brooks on 900 wrong

I've seen multiple reports over the last few days, varying from 550-600k at some outlets to 800-900k at Fox and SMH. If I remember from the deal at the time it was closer to the 600k end of the scale.

will brooks be the new russel p,gee we would have sum cash stalled in reggies

The fans have spoken Brooks is on the outer. Congrats to Madge for making the big decisions.

@upthetigers said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322336) said:
Wow! Does anyone know how Hastings has been playing in the Super League?

He has been played wonderfully. 20 tries in two seasons and winner of Man of Steel Award.

@hobbo1 said in [Tigers want Hastings immediately](/post/1322343) said:
Why didn’t they get him before he went to the UK ?
This club does everything arse about .

There were reports that he hadn't returned to the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back