Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between Hastings and the other halfbacks....
Jacko appreciates the opportunity to re-establish himself in the NRL and is loyal to the WTs for that chance,its notable through his off field as well as on field performances,as well as trying to get this club to be a forerunner in the comp...
the others only want who offer them more money,it really is a short career,however the person at the end of the road is the one who not only benefitted himself but left a legacy for others to follow...

You know that’s not bad for a starting half.
It’s terrible though if we signed Jacko as a utility to replace Billy Walters as first suggested.
I never thought he was coming here for less than that.
Thankfully the risk came off but bugger me $500k is a lot to gamble on potential.
If reported figures bandied around are even true I’d say WT are paying about 20% higher for the same players and still can’t attract enough good ones. Thanks Pascoe.

He is good at getting middle forwards running wider. It's why he is having so many touches per game. He is getting Musgrove, Tamou, and Twal to run into space. Doing this means the defence normally has to make a legs tackle, or worst case scenario, there will only be one main tackler, while the other 1-2 guys can only chop the legs or try to quickly bring the ball carrier to ground.

Less wrestle from opposition defences, faster PTBs, defence shifting around leading to more fatigue, all good things.
Some good points there LB, I haven't considered what you said 👍

Upgrade next year and add 3 more years on it
he is a clear keeper
Jacko , Appi , Brooks are solid
Stef , Papi , Blore , Musgrave , Solid
To,a , Ken , Noffa , solid
Tamou , 1 more year unless we purchase a first grade prop
then we add the young guys like Simkins , Kepo
then buy 3 top liners , Prop , centre , backrow
we start to be a top 8 team
our juniors are 2 to 3 years off

I thought he played a bit like a 13 yesterday. I’ve never seen a player on the ball so often.

Hope we extend him soon, then turn our attention to extending Doueihi.

Bloody Manly 🤮🤢
Onwards and upwards buddy
Things can only get better.

It's not just bloody Manly and the others,

It's the bloody refs!
It is absolutely clear now that for the past 4 weeks, the WT have their new systems in place and they are working which has resulted in massive Improvements for the team and even with a depleted team.

But the only obvious obstacle that i've seen for us from winning these recent games is the bloody refs.

Apparently the ref, didn't see Manly commiting the dozens of the same faul plays prior to us, but his eyes only began to see it when we did it?, Stefano was fuming when he was sin binned, and rightfully so.

And the main reason that i can see for this disgraceful Hypocrisy is that it's this Man, Graham Annesley, proven as a cheat when working as a NSW, MP, https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...g/news-story/4005e097511454f87205f6eccd2d7829

and also this, he commenced his rugby league career with the Parramatta District Rugby League Referees Association
President (1985–1988). and was elected as a Life Member of this Association in 1984.

Could this be the reason why the refs. treat the WT as the enemy and some other teams as their Allies?

Reactions: BZN
Without Hastings this year we are winless with a massive points difference against us. Probably a stand in coach also.

This guy is worth whatever it takes to keep him. Even when we lose he shines for us.
Im worried the Dolphins will throw the cheque book at him as they have missed out on quite a few players they have chased. He needs to be our No1 priority.

Without Hastings this year we are winless with a massive points difference against us. Probably a stand in coach also.

This guy is worth whatever it takes to keep him. Even when we lose he shines for us.
Im worried the Dolphins will throw the cheque book at him as they have missed out on quite a few players they have chased. He needs to be our No1 priority.
No shit Sherlock 🙄

With his limited 2022 NRL time, his proven enough off and on the field that a contract extension is warranted, especially as you said, Dolphins got $ and positions to fill.

Jackson has thanked WT for giving him another chance in the NRL, so fingers crossed we build a future around him.

He has changed the team...

He has saved the coach...

He has provided a building block...

And given us a leader.

Has to be the absolute priority. Don't let it get to Nov...make sure he comes in next week and bump up his 2022 money with our cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back