James Roberts

Ike

Hi, can anybody tell me anything about the James Roberts contract situation if he has one. I last heard he was on a $1000 a week retainer.

To be fair, he did look better in patches last night. A couple of brain farts didn't help our cause.
Such a waste of football talent, I’ve encountered him at training quite a few times, he always seems moody.
He’s in the last chance saloon, from here its down and out. I can’t work the guy out, he’s had some of the best support.

Thought he was ok , looks much fitter than last season , if he stay injury free he can be dangerous, could form a good combo with Gildart who is also pretty quick
Sorry I am not sold on Gildart at all, I can’t see him & Roberts together being anything other than a huge weakness, horrible defenders. Happy to have them prove me wrong but I just don’t see them working together.

Just saw the same dumb decisions and general confusion as he runs when he should pass and pass when he should run, the same things that got him cut at the end of last year. Still the most typical tiger player situation ever, didn't show enough playing to warrant a contract at the end of 2021, showed enough without playing to get a contract for 2022, Sheenius.

Such a waste of football talent, I’ve encountered him at training quite a few times, he always seems moody.
He’s in the last chance saloon, from here its down and out. I can’t work the guy out, he’s had some of the best support.
I really want him to get his mojo back but he just doesn’t seem to have his heart or head in the game. I hope they can find the spark for him.

I really want him to get his mojo back but he just doesn’t seem to have his heart or head in the game. I hope they can find the spark for him.
That’s the understatement of the year regarding Roberts, he seems to never be all there in the head on game day, even when he was at Souths.

I don't think he was that bad. He threw a poor pass at one point but he had created space for Nofo with his run.

I reckon him and Gildart showed enough with the ball to stick with them. It's early in the season.

Defensively though they'd have to be the worst centre pairing in the comp.

Happy for Gildart to be given benefit of doubt, hope that he improves in his defensive decisions. He's got speed and agility though.We need that.

Roberts showed glimpses. Centre may not be as big a problem as I thought!

I agree he is getting good support and seems to be genuinely having a crack. There are a few podcasts around about his life story. Its a tough one. Not many get through a background like that unscathed. I genuinely hope he can have a good end to his career and point it towards a successful life after footy.

Thought he was good last night. Didnt make any mistakes in defence and looked sharpe in attack. Really need to get him more ball - it went to Luch everytime it went to that side and he didnt look to pass

Back