Japan rugby targets Taniela Tuiaki

bonstonker

WESTS Tigers wrecking ball Taniela Tuiaki could become the latest player to leave the NRL for Japan rugby.

Just weeks after Craig Wing shocked the Rabbitohs by quitting the final year of his contract to chase the yen, we can reveal big Taniela is at the top of Japanese rugby's hit-list.

With size and speed to burn, Tuiaki has attracted interest from a number of clubs who have already been in contact with his manager Sam Ayoub.

The Kiwi powerhouse is contracted to the Tigers until the end of next year but that didn't stop Wing from jumping ship.

The Japanese have a thing for big wingers, having already signed former Shark Fraser Anderson to a lucrative deal.

Japanese agents have told Ayoub that Tuiaki would have no trouble making the jump with the transition much easier for outside backs, especially big ones with gold teeth.

weststigers

Used to play rugby at one point. He is invaluable to our team and must be resigned.

G

TNT has aspirations to play Rugby again but he wanted to play in NZ from articles I have seen previously. Japan will certainly throw a lot of money at him though and he would probably be a big crowd favorite over there. If he does go, I hope he sticks out his current contract and not jump ship early.

Ghostdogg

Can you imagine him running over those poor little Japanese blokes? :laughing:

Aladinsane

I hope he stays with his mate Benji…....what's the go with Fui Fui( when is his Contract up with Parra?)....I bet TnT would love to have his mate at the Tigers as well

BeeJay

Staff member
Forum Leader
Japan rugby targets Taniela Tuiaki
By James Phelps From: The Daily Telegraph August 13, 2009 12:00AM
>
Hot property … Taniela Tuiaki. Source: The Daily Telegraph
>
WESTS Tigers wrecking ball Taniela Tuiaki could become the latest player to leave the NRL for Japan rugby.
>
Just weeks after Craig Wing shocked the Rabbitohs by quitting the final year of his contract to chase the yen, we can reveal big Taniela is at the top of Japanese rugby's hit-list.
>
With size and speed to burn, Tuiaki has attracted interest from a number of clubs who have already been in contact with his manager Sam Ayoub.
>
The Kiwi powerhouse is contracted to the Tigers until the end of next year but that didn't stop Wing from jumping ship.
>
The Japanese have a thing for big wingers, having already signed former Shark Fraser Anderson to a lucrative deal.
>
Japanese agents have told Ayoub that Tuiaki would have no trouble making the jump with the transition much easier for outside backs, especially big ones with gold teeth

Another case of a player's manager putting the old rugby union conversaion story out there to get his player a few more dollars out of his next contract.
I think Tuiaki's form this year will speak for it self when it comes to him getting a new deal

tigerdre

I bet next year will be his last :cry:
We can't compete with the yen & there is no way we will be paying $300 000 for a winger

Chadman_s_Ghost

If the money is there for him in Rugby, and he has an interest in it- I say go for it Taniela.

If nothing else, the last few seasons prove that there is no reason to display loyalty to a club. Do what's best- take the money & run.

senexx

The money will be tempting.

Even if it is just a manager doing his job, in this case it works, where I never believed it in Andrew Johns' case.

Balmain_Bug

He will go for sure. He is on small money at WT. They would pay him 5 times more than what he is on.

Sabre

todays tele has an interview with him and he says that he doesnt have any intentions of leaving. But he also says he would consider it for the right money.

Balmain_Bug

@Sabre said:
todays tele has an interview with him and he says that he doesnt have any intentions of leaving. But he also says he would consider it for the right money.

I am not sure how much Taniela is on at WT but I would guess it would be about $120K ?

You would think they would give him almost $500K when you look at what others are getting.

But one word of warning to the Tank, the beef carcass price in Japan is about 5 times and more higher than that in Australia, so one piece of nice meat would cost more than $50 .

Food for thought big guy !!

Yossarian

Maybe this was a Benji suggestion over the breakfast table.

"TNT, if you want to get a big contract upgrade put out some stories about going to Japanese rugby. Works every time!!" :wink: