Joey Leilua

@moh said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1495373) said:
All our players reposting his garbage drives me up the wall.

Just makes you think how many more share his feelings about Madge...

It's a bunch of fringe first graders that are reposting and it's not a lot.

Wests Tigers Chairman Lee Hagipantelis says Joey Leilua was not offered a train and trial contract.
https://twitter.com/1170sen/status/1450997514082021378?t=YNucXCjnrLwAM9zD4lGlow&s=19

@wt2k said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496011) said:
Wests Tigers Chairman Lee Hagipantelis says Joey Leilua was not offered a train and trial contract.
https://twitter.com/1170sen/status/1450997514082021378?t=YNucXCjnrLwAM9zD4lGlow&s=19

Well who said he was ..............

When will these guys ever learn that you never burn your bridges with a former employer even if there's no real prospect of you ever working there again. Sends a terrible message to anyone else you might want to work for.

@curaeus said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496022) said:
When will these guys ever learn that you never burn your bridges with a former employer even if there's no real prospect of you ever working there again. Sends a terrible message to anyone else you might want to work for.

To me it reaffirms that he wasn’t the right fit for the organization. People with good hardworking attitudes who are accountable to themselves generally wont stoop to that level. Similar to Matterson and Aloala, I’m happy I don’t need to barrack for them anymore.

Joey Leilua need only look at his own poor form, lack of fitness and lack of commitment to understand why he has failed to be given a further contract with WT. History repeating itself in his case. Congratulations on the Club making the right decision. The proof ...to publicly sledge your coach just demonstrates why he isn't re-signed. Can't see any future opportunity arising elsewhere.

@aturkey said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1495549) said:

Who reposted it and when are they leaving?

@liam-griffiths said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496097) said:
Joey Leilua need only look at his own poor form, lack of fitness and lack of commitment to understand why he has failed to be given a further contract with WT. History repeating itself in his case. Congratulations on the Club making the right decision. The proof ...to publicly sledge your coach just demonstrates why he isn't re-signed. Can't see any future opportunity arising elsewhere.

Blokes gonna struggle when he has to work for 30 bucks an hr

@bagnf05 said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496100) said:

Cini, Tuilagi, Mikaele, Pauga

You know, the gun players. ?

@aturkey said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496115) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496100) said:

Cini, Tuilagi, Mikaele, Pauga

You know, the gun players. ?

Disappointed in Tuilagi, the other 3 have judgement as good as their footy so far.

@red88_tiger said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496116) said:
Aberdeen tigers could do with another grub as they slipped on their quota this year

He is not good enough to play for Aberdeen.

@bagnf05 said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496102) said:
@liam-griffiths said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496097) said:

Blokes gonna struggle when he has to work for 30 bucks an hr

I'm the one that's struggling trying to work out who would pay a lazy fat slug 30 bucks an hour.

@cochise said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496123) said:
Aberdeen tigers could do with another grub as they slipped on their quota this year

Living in the years gone by cochise. Don’t know what they have in the pipeline but I see a poor year ahead for them

More of a Denman Devil.

@red88_tiger said in [Joey Leilua](/post/1496129) said:

Living in the years gone by cochise. Don’t know what they have in the pipeline but I see a poor year ahead for them

We are off topic but it is a conversation I am very willing to have, maybe we need a Group 21 thread lol. For a small town Aberdeen is extremely successful.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/plenty-going-wrong-at-that-club-tigers-discard-bj-leilua-takes-aim-at-coach-michael-maguire/news-story/5919f5c3c36e362a5d0fa7ca1488992e

Wests Tigers discard Joey Leilua has taken aim at Michael Maguire and believes he was axed by the club for standing up to the coach.

The Tigers opted against activating the option in their favour on Leilua’s $850,000-per-season deal for next year.

The two-time Dally M Centre of the Year is now without a club after 225 NRL games with the Roosters, Knights, Raiders and Tigers.

Leilua said constructive criticism was encouraged in his time at the Raiders under Ricky Stuart and emphasised Maguire’s approach was completely different.

The 29-year-old suggested he paid the price for challenging Maguire, who is known for his tough approach to coaching.

“I am a person where I’ve come to clubs and you speak up when something is wrong – and there were plenty of things going wrong at that club,” Leilua told foxsports.com.au after his boxing bout with retired league star Chris Heighington was officially announced on Monday.

“I spoke up and it kind of like, got me in trouble.

“When I played in Canberra, we all spoke up, didn’t matter if you played two games, one game, zero games if you trained with us in pre-season you had a say in the team…but we didn’t have that at the Wests Tigers.

“Nobody really spoke up and everyone was kind of hesitant to lose their position in the team, where I was different, I came from a club where everyone spoke up and I always spoke up which unfortunately got me to where I am now.

“Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut a bit.”

“(Stuart) was like the person where if you see something, you talk about it, everyone spoke up so that’s where I thought I was at with the club, you speak up and that’s how you got the best out of each other.

“When I got to Wests Tigers it was totally different, it was everything he (Maguire) wanted and I am the person who will do it your way, and did it, then it wasn’t working so I had to speak up and that’s a part of who I am, I won’t let something go on for so long if it’s not working.”

Leilua’s brother Luciano is still contracted at the Tigers and he emphasised he wants to see the playing group succeed at the club despite the “circumstances”.

“My family members and friends there, all those boys that I left behind, I just hope they succeed even in the circumstances of what they have going on there,” he said.

“I just hope they succeed and they’re a good team next year.”

Leilua believes he has unfairly developed a reputation as a lazy footballer.

“Everyone has the persona of me that I’m not committed to playing football or that I’m a bad vibe for the team and that’s not the case so it’s disappointing,” Leilua said.

“That’s what pisses me off most when people say things like that, especially when they get it from another source and it’s not even true, the real source is the people who actually play in the team, you ask them and they’ll say something different.

“I definitely want to play in the NRL again but everyone has this persona that I’m a bad person in a team so I’m going out there to prove I’m committed to this boxing and that I still want to be part of the NRL.

Get all the latest NRL news, highlights and analysis delivered straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Sign up now!!!

“I want to set the rumours straight that I’m not that kind of person.”

Leilua even said he was willing to join a club on a train-and-trial deal on minimum wage.

“I haven’t heard any offers yet. If that (train-and-trial deal) was the case then that would be that case and I’d take it,” he said.

“I see those young boys take those deals and now I know what it feels like, it will be good for me.

“It does feel weird, but it has kind of humbled me and made me more grateful for being in the position I am because some kids don’t have what I have.

“Now I know what development kids go through, because they don’t get as much but they still train as hard, and right now I’m training as hard but not getting as much.

“So right now for me is just enjoying it and learning the process of boxing and focus on footy after this boxing match.”

This guy hated on Ricky when he was cut loose and now hating on Maguire. He was playing like an overweight park footballer.

And $850 000 that can’t be for real.

He was useless for us,i am pleased he is gone.I doubt he was on 850k although he was well on the way to 850k in weight

Him defending himself over being called lazy is funny. I was at the Easter Monday game, and caught a bit of reserve grade which he was playing. There was a stray pass from Parra that was dribbling along the ground, he made a half arsed effort to reach down for it, and it went straight between his legs. One player that I was happy to admit to hating while he wore our jersey. Fat waster.

Back