John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent if true..
I would think announcing it now would create another 4 weeks of membership sales anyway as people would see another Big named signed and will want to join leading up to Xmas. Also gives us more media coverage in the meantime..

Thanks for the info mate
Right now Klem is the WT headline darling.....not wanting to take the spotlight off him just yet

View attachment 3398
BRADFORD BULLS ace John Bateman may be on the move to Australia.

The 18-year-old is considering a switch to the NRL as the Odsal club lurch towards oblivion.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and Newcastle Knights Wayne Bennett have shown interest.

And Bateman could meet the pair as he is Down Under leading England’s Academy side.
Sheens finally gets his man maybe?

I have another theory. That James Tamou who won a Premiership with the Cowboys and helped get Penrith into their current winning Vogue is actually a damn good player.

Maybe Russell Packer wasn't as good as we built him up to be. But I see a pattern here:
Packer did well at St george, comes here and SUCKS.
Tamou did well at Penrith and Cowboys as a regular SOO, comes here and sucks. ...

Taane Milne came here and souths turns him into an actually good winger.

Yea, maybe Russell Packer does suck. But were way past the "íts not you it's me"
It's us.

We need to fix the problem with Wests Tigers. I don't want to be talking about how Paps, Klemmer and Bateman were all underperforming forwards in 2023.
Packers stats were dog shit at Saints too. Tamou’s output with us was similar to when he was at Penrith.

View attachment 3398
BRADFORD BULLS ace John Bateman may be on the move to Australia.

The 18-year-old is considering a switch to the NRL as the Odsal club lurch towards oblivion.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and Newcastle Knights Wayne Bennett have shown interest.

And Bateman could meet the pair as he is Down Under leading England’s Academy side.

So there's 2 John Bateman's?

Plus Jason?

Fifita was the most damaging forward in the game in 2016. If it wasn't for him they don't win that premiership.
Forgot about Fifita and agree somewhat but I still believe that they don’t proceed far into the finals without barba. Lewis I suppose I just always liked and wish tigers had got him when we had the chance

Packers stats were dog shit at Saints too. Tamou’s output with us was similar to when he was at Penrith.
I think packer had it in his head he was going to retire. Once you come to that realisation as a player it’s really hard to get invested in the game. Didn’t even have a go to try and get a new contract.Then just hanging on for his money. Richer clubs he would of retired and got paid outside the cap

This is where I think our attitude is wrongly headed and needs to change.

We see us having a great forward pack when we sign Paps, Klemmer and maybe Bateman.

It's wrong.

Cronulla see how they can build juniors and invest in their culture. Same with Easts.
Our focus is on who we can hire. We need to shift to "how can we train and develop better"?

I am hoping Farah brings the right culture with him. He sure has intensity and we love you Robbie. I still feel we need to be training more wrestle.
At the start of 2022, on paper many had us making the 8. We need to get our training and culture right because we can't rely on good signings.
I share your despair somewhat, but can’t see that changing while WT exists only because of WA, not the other way around.
The best we can hope for is ...
1. We have a coach who can manage his bosses.
2. We can sign good players who are getting toward the end of their careers and will come for the money.
These signings are a highlight in an otherwise cloudy future. We need this for the offseason. And we need to believe we have some very promising juniors coming through the system.

close friend to mitch moses, shared that it will be a hard no, wont play for the club as long as pascoe in charge
Reckon there would be bad blood there. However if we are offering 200k more a year hel get over it pretty quick.

This is where I think our attitude is wrongly headed and needs to change.

We see us having a great forward pack when we sign Paps, Klemmer and maybe Bateman.

It's wrong.

Cronulla see how they can build juniors and invest in their culture. Same with Easts.
Our focus is on who we can hire. We need to shift to "how can we train and develop better"?

I am hoping Farah brings the right culture with him. He sure has intensity and we love you Robbie. I still feel we need to be training more wrestle.
At the start of 2022, on paper many had us making the 8. We need to get our training and culture right because we can't rely on good signings.
Hard to get culture right when the club cannot even get the colours right.

I agree on more wrestling training.... Too often opposition forwards not put on the deck.... I fear sheens focus on attack won't see this addressed tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back