John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree!.

The only reason we should go after Brown is for short term to take pressure of the kids to come through & play as a link ball playing forward which he is very good at and we know Sheens loves that style.

Being realistic we will probably only get half a season a year off him which enables the kids rotational opportunities also. The biggest issue for me is his current deal & potential new deal expectations.
That's why only offer 1 year. Tell him to that he is to help bring the young guys through. Hel be in the 17 to near the end so better than what he's doing at Parra.

Parra have to chip in half his salary though

My issue with Brown is the myth surrounding his aggression and ability to be an enforcer. I'm sorry to those who disagree, but Nathan Brown has never ever been a physical enforcer, even in his prime, which is well gone. He has just pretended to be, and has fooled many.

Brown can be a useful signing if used correctly for Max 2 years. IMO he actually needs to move away from pretending to be an enforcer, and play a smarter game. His ball playing is very good. So I think what he can provide is that link role from 13, good line speed in defence, and steal some cheap metres up the middle when they are on offer. If he can pick when to link and when to charge hard and straight, then it's not a bad signing. Matamua can then play minutes off the bench rotating with Brown. BUT, if he is signed to intimidate the opposition and play a physical game, it will be a huge dud signing.
I agree!

It also suggests an 11 hour flight which matches the flight to Aus from the UK.

I dare say if he is signed, the signing announcement will coincide with his arrival in Australia.
Ah don't know if I understand you guys correctly, but the flight from UK to Sydney is definitely not 11 hours. It's twice that length. So if he's on an 11-hour flight to Australia, that will be the first leg only.

Ah don't know if I understand you guys correctly, but the flight from UK to Sydney is definitely not 11 hours. It's twice that length. So if he's on an 11-hour flight to Australia, that will be the first leg only.

11hrs would maybe be Singapore or Thailand / Asia....

First leg via UAE would be 6-7 tops I reckon.

I saw his instagram story his on a plan which I’m guessing is to Australia it say 11 hours which was 2 hours ago

Stopover Dubai, based on the
Times posted above. If hes flying
With Emirates he lands here at
7pm on this flight if my maths
and detective work checks out.
13 hour flight from UAE. I think
It makes sense anyway I dunno

A bit beyond caring at this point.
I would think it is in our long term interest, and for player harmony, not to go overboard with his arrival/signing.
He’s part of a squad and whilst we would welcome him, he still has to bond and prove himself in the NRL again.
Klemmer., API and Papi all new boys as well. First thing is to start getting them working together, as they used to say” welcome, but leave your ego at the door”.

I would think it is in our long term interest, and for player harmony, not to go overboard with his arrival/signing.
He’s part of a squad and whilst we would welcome him, he still has to bond and prove himself in the NRL again.
Klemmer., API and Papi all new boys as well. First thing is to start getting them working together, as they used to say” welcome, but leave your ego at the door”.
And we still never really got to the bottom of the Jacko/ Johnny dispute. There are two sides to every story.

LOL at the flight path nerds.
Maybe he is flying to Australia to connect to a holiday destination haha

His wife and baby are in Canberra

Add another +4 hours to my Emirates
flight itinerary; for the Greyhound bus
from central station haha.

All jokes aside. There's no reason
he's not coming to Sydney. We're
the only club set to pay the transfer.
If there was someone else in the
running, it would have got out in
UK media already. I'd say he's on