John Bateman #268

Can't agree on a large transfer fee (A$250k reportedly) and then have any basis to whine about losing the player concerned. Wigan can go to hell!

Even if we get Brown, IMHO Ofahengaue is our best lock.

Finally, we will have some depth in forwards, and we can use Brown as an impact player.
Might be our best lock but it's better for the rotation if he is on the bench. His experience would be valuable there

Can't agree on a large transfer fee (A$250k reportedly) and then have any basis to whine about losing the player concerned. Wigan can go to hell!

I think the Wigan outrage is paying lip service to their fan base, the rumored fee has been banging around for a while and so has us acquiring his services. This sort of stuff happens day in and day out in English sport EPL the richer clubs plunder the smaller clubs. I understand Wigan isnt exactly a small club but in terms of financial clout we'd cover them and then some.

There is nothing to sidestep and Bateman is a quality player, an international with aggressive on-field play and a desire to win. Bateman forms part of the recruitment drive and when called out, you obfuscate.
Rubbish. You have no objectivity about anything and transfer your own narrow minded thinking onto others by assuming they think like you. I know who John Bateman is I know what he has achieved and what he hasn't without needing to be schooled by you for discussing him.

No it says more about him than it does about us. If my memory is right, he broke the contract at the Raiders to go back to England.

We didn't do anything wrong by chasing or signing him. He seems to have an issue with keeping his word.
We've obviously induced him to break the contract early. You think he asked for a release and then the Tigers rang him up and asked if he was available?

Rubbish. You have no objectivity about anything and transfer your own narrow minded thinking onto others by assuming they think like you. I know who John Bateman is I know what he has achieved and what he hasn't without needing to be schooled by you for discussing

This is Sheens' comments in the article on the rumors and signings thread. You know mine which are supportive of Bateman's recruitment. Go back and read yours and you may reconsider your position on objectivity.

“John was the main domino I wanted to fall. Now we’ve got him in our forwards we’re looking at the backline and who could be added there.

“The experience of these guys we’ve signed like Klem and John, that’s the real attraction.

“That experience and quality makes a difference given we had issues with depth and injuries to key forwards this year.”

This is Sheens' comments in the article on the rumors and signings thread. You know mine which are supportive of Bateman's recruitment. Go back and read yours and you may reconsider your position on objectivity.

“John was the main domino I wanted to fall. Now we’ve got him in our forwards we’re looking at the backline and who could be added there.

“The experience of these guys we’ve signed like Klem and John, that’s the real attraction.

“That experience and quality makes a difference given we had issues with depth and injuries to key forwards this year.”
Hello my first post in this thread on his confirmation was to welcome him and hope he finds his 2019 form. I know your position on all of Sheens signings and decisions without having to go back and read any of what you have written.

Latest posts

Members online

Back