John Bateman #268

How do they know Bateman will be here in 2 weeks ?

I would’ve thought if his visa is granted he’d be here…maybe it’s been granted and he has a few things to tie up before he comes and that takes two weeks

I would’ve thought if his visa is granted he’d be here…maybe it’s been granted and he has a few things to tie up before he comes and that takes two weeks
Because Sheens has him playing the 2nd trial vs Raiders.? Is Sheens just being optimistic? Or does he know something we don’t?

Because Sheens has him playing the 2nd trial vs Raiders.? Is Sheens just being optimistic? Or does he know something we don’t?

I doubt he will play in the 2nd trial if he has hardly had any body contact. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play his 1st nrl game until rd 2-4 at best (have zero inside info just going off history & body readiness).

I doubt he will play in the 2nd trial if he has hardly had any body contact. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play his 1st nrl game until rd 2-4 at best (have zero inside info just going off history & body readiness).

Can't see that happening, as isn't body contact normally only any great issue when coming back through following rehabilitation after a reasonable term injury?

If he is fit, and more importantly on our shores a few days before a match, reckon he will almost certainly play.

Last edited:
Can't see that happening, as isn't body contact normally only any great issue when coming back through following rehabilitation after a reasonable term injury?

If he is fit, and more importantly on our shores a few days before a match, reckon he will almost certainly play.
Agree, even if it’s only 25min.

Can't see that happening, as isn't body contact is normally only any great issue when coming back through following rehabilitation after a reasonable term injury?

Just can’t see him going from off the plane to straight into the NRL within 1-2 weeks after having a few months from contact work & set plays etc of any kind. Rushing him would be dumb given how much cash & long we are investing.

Just can’t see him going from off the plane to straight into the NRL within 1-2 weeks after having a few months from contact work & set plays etc of any kind. Rushing him would be dumb given how much cash & long we are investing.
He has to get his 200 passes a day up to speed. Agree he needs some time to gel with the players on and off the paddock.

Isn't there some NRL about needing 6 week's training before playing a game?

If he still needs two weeks after his visa has been issued then he needs a good kick up the arse , he should be sitting at the airport ready to go , I still say something doesn’t smell right in all of this , just a gut feeling .

Well I thought I had read on here or an article he would be here some time between the 1st and 2 nd trial

Lol I can confirm that stereotype is definitely untrue !!

yea had friends in the Government service. OMG I could not believe how hard they worked. 10pm most nights and they seriously had heavy bags under their eyes.

The old British system of being "hired" and un-fireable is long gone.

Back