Josh Feledy #274

C

Cobarcats

This is already mentioned by The Pom sorry, The following is from Manly's Forum.

TIGERS SNARE RISING MANLY STAR

Wests Tigers have snatched Manly Harold Matthews premiership-winning skipper Josh Feledy on a long-term deal.
The Tigers signed Feledy to a three-year contract beginning next season. He captained the undefeated Sea Eagles to premiership success last year which included a six-try haul against Newcastle. Feledy is in Manly’s SG Ball team this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leadership qualities shine through in Josh Feledy

Author Wayne Cousins

TimestampFri 30 Apr 2021, 10:47 AM

Talented young Manly captain Josh Feledy can certainly live up to the meaning of ‘leading by example’.

The 16-year-old has crossed for an incredible 19 tries in nine games for the Sea Eagles in the U17s NSWRL competition this season.

A hard running centre who can certainly hit a hole at speed, Feledy is a real competitor who has that X-factor about him that is sure to see him continue to rise through the Sea Eagles ranks in coming seasons.

In one game alone, Feledy crossed for six tries in the 40-0 thumping of the Newcastle Knights in Cessnock. Feledy has also crossed for a double in four games and recorded a hat-trick against Balmain.

Furthermore, he has formed a deadly combination with boom five-eighth Latu Fainu, who threw the final pass in five of Feledy’s six tries against the Knights.

Sea Eagles Coach Adam McEwan said Feledy was a quality person on and off the field.

Josh is outstanding. He is a great leader of our team
Sea Eagles Coach Adam McEwan
“I really like his demeanour. He is tough, he is respectful. There is no self interest in what he does. Josh is a team first guy and he does what he says he is going to do.

“He doesn’t expect the players to do anything that he is not prepared to do. He is just a tough, well natured kid.

“As for his ability, it is always comforting for a coach to have a player like Josh who can convert any half chances into points and he has certainly enjoyed running off Latu.”

Manly captain and centre Josh Feledy goes over for a try
Manly captain and centre Josh Feledy goes over for a try©Jordon Ovington

The rest is blah blah blah....

Thanks Spartan for the follow up, I stumbled across the article on the Manly Forum and fell asleep before I researched it.
Apparently article is in the DT.
There were so many eagles fans peaved off that this player got away.
Now that we've got a thread going I'm sure it's going to get some interesting articles. A highlight package would be nice.

Is Cuzzo still around!?

Gee that's a blast from the past!
We should get him on here

Cuzzo was a nice guy.

Met him when we did Thats my Team tv add down in rozelle in 2006.

This guy is real young. 18 when he joins us and 21 when contract ends.

Cuzzo was a nice guy.

Met him when we did Thats my Team tv add down in rozelle in 2006.

This guy is real young. 18 when he joins us and 21 when contract ends.
at 21 he will be ripe for the picking of the roosters

There's plenty of footage of him scoring on NSWRL TV. links were already posted in a previous thread.

I wonder if this is payback from Sheens for the Eagles taking Tuilagi... You steal one of our good young talents, we'll steal one of your better young talents?
Tuilagi was a Melbourne Junior from memory. Only been with us for 2 years.

I'm wondering if anyone has been following this guy and has gos.

Was reading Feledy just turned 18. Sheens debuted Chris Lawrence at 18 y o. 'If you're good enough you're old enough".

I have a feeling our backline depth isn't as bad as we might have thought, with Jimmy N a possible if not probable debutant as well as Tupou likely to have an opportunity to nail down a spot.. and others I read mentioned such as Scolari... will inject some exciting speed which we have not had for a while.

Do those in the know think Feledy might debut mid season? A potential star in the back line is exactly what we need to complement the building of what is looking like a top forward pack.

Last edited:
Back