Junior Reps 2022

balmain boy

Josh Feledy listed for Balmain is concerning. It shows we don't trust our youngsters. Feledy played for our Flegg side after swapping from Manly, why would he move backwards? He's already dominated SG Ball for a couple of years. He has nothing more to gain playing at that level. If our pathways coaches can't see this then they are not suitable for their roles.

Feledy should spend the entire off season training with our first grade squad, and joining the Flegg squad towards the end of pre-season as they work on their team dynamics.

Interesting that Josh seems to have brought his brother Michael across. Haven't heard anything about him to date

finnzo

Josh Feledy listed for Balmain is concerning. It shows we don't trust our youngsters. Feledy played for our Flegg side after swapping from Manly, why would he move backwards? He's already dominated SG Ball for a couple of years. He has nothing more to gain playing at that level. If our pathways coaches can't see this then they are not suitable for their roles.

Feledy should spend the entire off season training with our first grade squad, and joining the Flegg squad towards the end of pre-season as they work on their team dynamics.

Interesting that Josh seems to have brought his brother Michael across. Haven't heard anything about him to date
Sheens has mentioned it’s important these players win through the grades together Maby he is leaving him there to work on combinations with other players

Tiger4life43

The 2022 season was feledy’s first year in SG ball so it’s not surprising that he’s been named in the squad as he’s still eligible like Matamua was this year. I’m sure he’ll play more jersey flegg at the end of the season

momo_amp_medo

Well he still can if he caches the eyes of our principal coaching staff group.
Hes only young and we need to be careful that some of these promising juniors are not thrown to the wolves too early.

WT_2022

Does anyone know if there's any way to watch the ASSRL games in Fiji against Fiji where some of our juniors are playing for Australia?

Hbom

Is Jimmy Ngutlik on a magpies deal next year? What happened to him this year? Injured or MIA?

ALX22

Does anyone know if there's any way to watch the ASSRL games in Fiji against Fiji where some of our juniors are playing for Australia?

No info yet but follow the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League page on Facebook.

Tigers_Wests

Kienan Tempest & Dudley Dotoi are playing for the Saltwater Murris Open Men's team at the QLD Murri Carnival.
No sign of Tempest, but Dotoi has been carving up in a strong team. Some brilliant individal tries due to his acceleration, speed and elusiveness. The team are 3 from 3 and will play again in the round of 16 knockout later on today.

Hopefully they sort out the home sickness issue (if it is still a concern). He has x factor and would like to see him play Flegg/Cup with us in 2023 to see what he can do in higher grades.

Tiger_Fanatic3

Aussie Schoolboys def Fiji Schoolboys 58-13 earlier today. Chris Faagutu bagged himself 2 tries. His defence was strong and ball play was awesome. Can't wait to see what he does for our squad
I really like what I'm hearing with Faagutu. Strong ball runner, good leg drive, an area where the club has lacked with middles for a while. With a season of development in lower grades already has debuted in QLD Cup, and a full pre-season under his belt, I see him making an appearance in FG next season or '24.

Fairly certain too I read that Miller is training with 1st grade next year so have to assume same with Fa’agatu.

WT_2022

I really like what I'm hearing with Faagutu. Strong ball runner, good leg drive, an area where the club has lacked with middles for a while. With a season of development in lower grades already has debuted in QLD Cup, and a full pre-season under his belt, I see him making an appearance in FG next season or '24.

Fairly certain too I read that Miller is training with 1st grade next year so have to assume same with Fa’agatu.
I'm assuming Faagutu may be training with the FG team in the off season as he's not been selected for SG Ball so far?