Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

Hey KR are there any good young halves coming through our junior system in the next few years.
Cheers
Onitoni Large, 15
Alex Isdale, 15
Alex Conti, 16
Heath Mason, 17
Zane Camroux, 20

Large and Isdale look the best of the bunch.

I see more of the Wests side than Balmain so maybe someone else can give an opinion on Conti.

Haven’t seen too much of Camroux to suggest he’s a future star or anything but he’s training with first grade over pre-season, so maybe the coaching staff sees something.

Onitoni Large, 15
Alex Isdale, 15
Alex Conti, 16
Heath Mason, 17
Zane Camroux, 20

I see more of the Wests side than Balmain so maybe someone else can give an opinion on Conti.

Haven’t seen too much of Camroux to suggest he’s a future star or anything but he’s training with first grade over pre-season, so maybe the coaching staff sees something.
Thanks KR us members in the bush don't get much info about our juniors.

Onitoni Large, 15
Alex Isdale, 15
Alex Conti, 16
Heath Mason, 17
Zane Camroux, 20

cheers KR,good to see the future is in good hands

Reminds me of Bodene Thompson in a way. When younger was compared to a a David Stagg type forward.

He'll mostly play Flegg this year I imagine. There will be a combo of Blore, Talau, Kautoga, Tumeth, Webster Mansfield ahead of him for Cup
I didn't mind Bodene Thompson. Tough nut.

NSWRL draws are now released:

Anyone manage to get out to the trials today and give an update on any players performances? I saw comments on the Dogs forum that we won Harold Matthews 3 tries to 2 and SG ball 7 tries to 0. However we are down in Jersey Flegg 4 tries to 0 early on.

Anyone manage to get out to the trials today and give an update on any players performances? I saw comments on the Dogs forum that we won Harold Matthews 3 tries to 2 and SG ball 7 tries to 0. However we are down in Jersey Flegg 4 tries to 0 early on.
Who did we vs in all these matches?

Well smashing them in every grade would be fantastic hopefully fleg ended up winning
At this stage it's largely triallists competing for the final spots in rosters and likely a long way from the final squad. So they don't publicise these games a lot

At this stage it's largely triallists competing for the final spots in rosters and likely a long way from the final squad. So they don't publicise these games a lot
When you are a tigers supporter every win you get is enjoyed haha I don’t care if there playing a warm up game of touch footy if the tigers win I’m happy hahaha

Yeah I don’t think I seen any of the sg ball players training with the nrl squad playing yesterday

I was at the Balmain v Norths trials yesterday.
Brass monkey weather at TG Milner.
Fairly even in both games.

In the Matts, a promising winger/centre Jonah Watson caught the eye, also liked the look of the dummy half who started, the prop built like a keg, and “Junior” who bobbed up playing a number of positions (started in the backs, ended up at hooker).

In the SG Ball I note Tony Clarke is coaching the Bears and his Central Coast heritage has seen Norths recruit a truckload of talented Coasties. Not much between both these sides. Couple of powerful forwards were the standouts for Balmain.

I was at the Balmain v Norths trials yesterday.
Brass monkey weather at TG Milner.
Fairly even in both games.

In the Matts, a promising winger/centre Jonah Watson caught the eye, also liked the look of the dummy half who started, the prop built like a keg, and “Junior” who bobbed up playing a number of positions (started in the backs, ended up at hooker).

In the SG Ball I note Tony Clarke is coaching the Bears and his Central Coast heritage has seen Norths recruit a truckload of talented Coasties. Not much between both these sides. Couple of powerful forwards were the standouts for Balmain.

Norths used to get a few Coasties down for Matts and Flegg back when the Bears were a NSWRL/NRL team.

One name we can cross off our list is Cathane Hill. He's been just finished pre Christmas pre season with the cows. Obviously he didn't quite get at home in Sydney or at the Tigers.

A shame as he was the only player at the club last season who'd be in with a good shout of playing fullback for us in Flegg this season. Dynamic young player, and probably the best outside back prospect from SG ball alongside Dotoi. If Hill couldn't cut it in Sydney then I highly doubt Dotoi will, but I'll wait to see him in cows colours or named in one of our squads.

Hopefully we've signed some talented backs from elsewhere as there was nobody else who played sg ball who looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Unless we plan to promote Wests Matts squad straight to Flegg?

Hills insta

One name we can cross off our list is Cathane Hill. He's been just finished pre Christmas pre season with the cows. Obviously he didn't quite get at home in Sydney or at the Tigers.

A shame as he was the only player at the club last season who'd be in with a good shout of playing fullback for us in Flegg this season. Dynamic young player, and probably the best outside back prospect from SG ball alongside Dotoi. If Hill couldn't cut it in Sydney then I highly doubt Dotoi will, but I'll wait to see him in cows colours or named in one of our squads.

Hopefully we've signed some talented backs from elsewhere as there was nobody else who played sg ball who looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Unless we plan to promote Wests Matts squad straight to Flegg?

Hills insta
Not sure what’s happening with Dotoi, but the club really tried to make him feel at home this year.

Pathways staff (Betsey etc.) took him under their wing and spent a heap of time with him, even outside your normal training and game days.

Hopefully he’s stuck around.

Members online

Back