Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

How do we fit all the forwards in long term? Klem, Bateman and Ice on long term contracts. Faagatu, Matamua, Kautoga etc in the wings. Top 30 should look quite different in 2024.

Excluding hooker we need 9 NRL quality forwards in the squad just for week to week action this doesn’t count for depth.

Atm we have 5 (stef, klem,bate, ice and joffa) and are really 4 short. Pole should kick on so having a few to be discovered will be great for growth. If we have more that kick on can see some of the older ones pushed out which normally happens at clubs. Prefer to have too many than not enough though it would be a great problem to have for a change.

Twal I feel for as he tries hard but can see that potentially he might be moved on to make way for some of these kids over the next 2yrs as we will probably go a more impact style to drive attacking phased play.

Excluding hooker we need 9 NRL quality forwards in the squad just for week to week action this doesn’t count for depth.

Atm we have 5 (stef, klem,bate, ice and joffa) and are really 4 short. Pole should kick on so having a few to be discovered will be great for growth. If we have more that kick on can see some of the older ones pushed out which normally happens at clubs. Prefer to have too many than not enough though it would be a great problem to have for a change.

Twal I feel for as he tries hard but can see that potentially he might be moved on to make way for some of these kids over the next 2yrs as we will probably go a more impact style to drive attacking phased play.
a good crop of young forwards coming through, obviously not all will make it as regular first graders. Although Sheens is the type that won’t die wondering. If they show promise he’ll give them their chance. Exciting times ahead.

No way we let Twal go. He would be picked up by Cronulla or Melbourne and become a fan favourite of theirs.

Not a fan of Faagatu playing prop. He's got more to offer than just being a metre eater. Wonder if da Silva is injured or being held back to travel to NZ for the first trial?
Yeah I don't think prop is his position but I do remember him debuting as prop in QCup and he looked like a man amongst boys. But I like our chances with Faagutu, Miller and Laulilii all starting

Kind of think it would be better to play Feledy with the Wests SG ball team! Build combos with the real team that will be playing in the future. Let’s face it those guys in wests will be the ones movin up! Just think it’s a waste! Look at the panthers most of the team grew up together playing park football. It’s a better option.

Kind of think it would be better to play Feledy with the Wests SG ball team! Build combos with the real team that will be playing in the future. Let’s face it those guys in wests will be the ones movin up! Just think it’s a waste! Look at the panthers most of the team grew up together playing park football. It’s a better option.
Sg ball comp dosent go for too long anyway, half way through the year they should be playing jersey Flegg together

Wests SG ball squad looks to be very strong. Crazy pack once Da Silva is back. They should pump every other pack. Backs and halves still a question mark or two

Really don't know many of the players at Balmain. Lots of new faces across all grades, hard to gather much. A surprise to see Sukkar in the back row though as agility hasn't been his thing. Keen to see what lawandos can do this season against bigger boys

Members online

Back