Luciano Leilua

At first I hated it because I hated the humidity but after about 4 weeks I started warming to it 🤣
I love fishing so it was great for that and there is a place called crystal creek up in the mountains that if it became too hot we would drive up there to the waterfall and swimming holes, awesome.
The people up there are really nice, no rush!

At first I hated it because I hated the humidity but after about 4 weeks I started warming to it 🤣
I love fishing so it was great for that and there is a place called crystal creek up in the mountains that if it became too hot we would drive up there to the waterfall and swimming holes, awesome.
Everyone's thermostat is so different. I moved to Brisbane 10 years ago, and whilst the humidity isn't as bad as up further north, it's unbearable (for me) for 8 months of the year. No acclimation o'er 'ere.

I'd love the fishing and motorcycle riding up there but would find the humidity very difficult to live with; along with the abundant biteys - I love beach fishing and don't want to become the snack :)

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Everyone's thermostat is so different. I moved to Brisbane 10 years ago, and whilst the humidity isn't as bad as up further north, it's unbearable (for me) for 8 months of the year. No acclimation o'er 'ere.
Where do you live now?
I think the reason I like the cold is because I was born in a heat wave and raised in the heat of Cobar, so when we came to Sydney in '68 we all loved the cooler climate and the beach.
Didn't really know what humidity was though until I went north.
If I didn't have my life so imbedded here in Brisbane I would live in Tassie, awesome place.

Lived in Brissie for 23 years. Love the city and the people but the summers are just too long and too far from fishing and the dirt roads for me. Getting older so want to do the things I like while I can.

Brissie is nice enough but FNQ is where life begins.
Not long ago I did a day trip dirt biking through the Daintree and then a day fishing the Reef on the same weekend with two different groups of friends, without needing any time off work.

Brissie is nice enough but FNQ is where life begins.
Not long ago I did a day trip dirt biking through the Daintree and then a day fishing the Reef on the same weekend with two different groups of friends, without needing any time off work.
I've been in bris/sunny coast for the last few years now but lived in Port Douglas a while back.
Absolutely love it up there.

Where do you live now?
I think the reason I like the cold is because I was born in a heat wave and raised in the heat of Cobar, so when we came to Sydney in '68 we all loved the cooler climate and the beach.
Didn't really know what humidity was though until I went north.
If I didn't have my life so imbedded here in Brisbane I would live in Tassie, awesome place.
Still in Brissy, for now haha.

This sounds verbatim what I constantly say. Cept I'd love Brisbane with Hobart's climate.

Latest posts

Back