Luke Brooks Thread..

cktiger

Seriously … Hastings has made Brooks look half good (as I predicted) but AD is a far bigger threat on the field.
All assuming he comes back fit.
We don’t really need Brooks anymore- time to say sayonara.

Camel2281

Brooks pairs well with Hastings personality wise and sets deep taking the line on with shorter passes.

I'd be loathed to chage that atm.

AD goes the long ball which may fowl up Hastings plays.

Joe O best 13.

Plenty of merit in above posts but maybe AD on bench with a killa roving commission.
AD right centre for me. Him and Naden in the Centres with Ken and To'a on the wings and we look really good in the backline

sleeve

Are people serious about Hastings and AD as halves partners ? Not only would they be the slowest pairing in history, they would clash big time with similar playing styles . And opposing side would have a field day in attack!

Earl

Are people serious about Hastings and AD as halves partners ? Not only would they be the slowest pairing in history, they would clash big time with similar playing styles . And opposing side would have a field day in attack!

I'd like to see it. They are both gun players. Hastiings doesn't have a big boot but AD has a massive boot. Hastings is an organizer and Doueihi is a runner.

I also want to see Brooksy at fullback if Laurie isn't performing.

cktiger

Every game I watch Hastings is everywhere in both attack and defence.
I'd like to see it. They are both gun players. Hastiings doesn't have a big boot but AD has a massive boot. Hastings is an organizer and Doueihi is a runner.

Can’t see Brooks at fullback … he’s not really a talker and can’t see him organising the teams defence.
We now have two guys who look like they can handle the centre pairing in Naden and young To’a so I think AD will be after his five eighth spot.

Earl

Can’t see Brooks at fullback … he’s not really a talker and can’t see him organising the teams defence.
We now have two guys who look like they can handle the centre pairing in Naden and young To’a so I think AD will be after his five eighth spot.

To me AD is a much better centre than those two.

It's going to come down to form and injury. The coaching staff must rate Brooks because they've rushed him back after a good performance from Madden.

Mighty_Tiger

AD boot is just like watching a NASA space ship launch.
He gets the ball and you count backwards 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 bombs away.
Teams got onto it back of the season which is why his bombs stopped.
If he gets the kicks away they are a full blown threat if we attack with our chase, but geez he needs to speed up his kick process.

Mighty_Tiger

Re Brooks at fullback this is one of the worst ideas I have seen on this forum.
If you said Hooker cool but fullback - why?

He isn't an organiser and his communication levels are terrible, it's why halfback isn't his position.
People underestimate the organisation & communication work a fullback does.
Put aside the fact he hasn't played fullback for 15-20yrs I have watched him if ever.
He would be a massive liability at fullback.