Luke Brooks Thread..

pawsandclaws1

I resent that! Nah I can see why you would be sceptical, but my mate is more than a 'supporter', and more like a quantum supercomputer that hoovers up correct information, apart from his Gildart recommendation.
Why would Brooks go to SL when he can get a start at the Knights, Dogs, Dolphins and no doubt a few other clubs in the NRL? Josh Reynolds was at the end of his career and his body was failing him. Hull is not the most attractive place to live.

TillLindemann

Why would Brooks go to SL when he can get a start at the Knights, Dogs, Dolphins and no doubt a few other clubs in the NRL? Josh Reynolds was at the end of his career and his body was failing him. Hull is not the most attractive place to live.
1. More money (exempt from salary cap as a marquee player)
2. Escape the intense scrutiny from the Australian media. Can you imagine the pressure he would be under if he signs with Newcastle or the Dolphins and they go on to miss the 8?
3. There are people there he already knows well, including Hodgo. He will be looked after.

TillLindemann

Chammass

Told ya so!

Things are moving rather quickly. Explains the Hooper "dropped" stuff now

stryker 69

Hull is a lovely place.
They don’t really speak much English there and most people are on the scrounge…but lovely.

Tiger-ferret

I reckon the brown paper bags are heavier there

TIGERPOWER

According to my Pommy mate Shifty Sheens and Brett Hodgson have done a deal. Brooks is going to Hull. They just cut Josh Reynolds loose mid deal to make space. Watch this space. I think it's the best outcome for all parties - it allows Brooks to escape the Australian media spotlight, I think he will thrive over there.
I will love you forever if this is true lol

TIGERPOWER

Intercept length of the field try, And clutch field goal....
No one remembers that though...

Too busy comparing a bad kick or a bad pass to that 1 good thing Madden did that 1 time against the dogs.
Most number of games and not played finals. Let that sink in. It can’t be everybody else’s fault.

Needaname

Here's the Josh Reynolds story.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/brett-hodgson-confirms-josh-reynolds-leave-hull-fc/

Even accounting for the fact that he's not very good, why would Hodgo cut him loose mid season with no replacement lined up? Hull are currently 5th on the ladder and very much a contender for the semis. An immediate Brooks switch does make perfect sense...
You get that from reading an article about Josh playing with a lack of confidence and not being able to play to the team and coaches expectations.
And then you suggest Brooks replace him?

Tigersmurf

To be really honest about Luke Brooks,his real problem was he was a junior through our system...he showed great talent and potential,had a couple of legends around him,but also had a lot of club instability as well...
What Im saying,had Brooks been behind a stable solid pack for the last 5 or so years then we would of seen a different halfback to the one that has had to do his job under difficult conditions because of the instability with coaches and rosters...
Its a hard task making it into the NRL,getting everything to suit is a totally different arena...
I dare say that Lukes career has suffered because of the ineptness of this club...I often had a shot at him,but in hindsight I still think he is a great NRL level player and should find himself a team that could use him,even though many think he will be a one club player...just my opinion....
Brooks lost me in last years game against the dogs. I feel he threw it, just like Moses did before he left.

I used to get caught up in the talk of we dont have enough go forward, Robbie and Benji hog the ball so Brooks can't get control of the team, there is too much pressure on him in the media....at the end of the day he has had 9 years to show what he can do. The club punted Benji and Robbie to give him more control and it turned to nothing.

I respect him. He stayed when the other "big 4" left us high and dry and he has been a tigers supporter all his life. But if he was at another club he wouldn't have had this many chances and it seems the more opportunity he gets the worse he performs. The UK would be a good move for him whilst he is young, and I am concerned about who takes his place, but we cant keep waiting for him to click as there is no evidence to support that it will happen.

Members online