Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Are people serious about Hastings and AD as halves partners ? Not only would they be the slowest pairing in history, they would clash big time with similar playing styles . And opposing side would have a field day in attack!

Are people serious about Hastings and AD as halves partners ? Not only would they be the slowest pairing in history, they would clash big time with similar playing styles . And opposing side would have a field day in attack!

I'd like to see it. They are both gun players. Hastiings doesn't have a big boot but AD has a massive boot. Hastings is an organizer and Doueihi is a runner.

I also want to see Brooksy at fullback if Laurie isn't performing.

Every game I watch Hastings is everywhere in both attack and defence.
I'd like to see it. They are both gun players. Hastiings doesn't have a big boot but AD has a massive boot. Hastings is an organizer and Doueihi is a runner.

Can’t see Brooks at fullback … he’s not really a talker and can’t see him organising the teams defence.
We now have two guys who look like they can handle the centre pairing in Naden and young To’a so I think AD will be after his five eighth spot.

Can’t see Brooks at fullback … he’s not really a talker and can’t see him organising the teams defence.
We now have two guys who look like they can handle the centre pairing in Naden and young To’a so I think AD will be after his five eighth spot.

To me AD is a much better centre than those two.

It's going to come down to form and injury. The coaching staff must rate Brooks because they've rushed him back after a good performance from Madden.

AD boot is just like watching a NASA space ship launch.
He gets the ball and you count backwards 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 bombs away.
Teams got onto it back of the season which is why his bombs stopped.
If he gets the kicks away they are a full blown threat if we attack with our chase, but geez he needs to speed up his kick process.

Re Brooks at fullback this is one of the worst ideas I have seen on this forum.
If you said Hooker cool but fullback - why?

He isn't an organiser and his communication levels are terrible, it's why halfback isn't his position.
People underestimate the organisation & communication work a fullback does.
Put aside the fact he hasn't played fullback for 15-20yrs I have watched him if ever.
He would be a massive liability at fullback.

Try him at centre, hooker or 13. Happy to try something unconventional.
IMO he has no versatility, he remains a liability wherever he plays. But if changing positions will put this argument to bed then just do it already. Whatever it takes to move him on, just put us out of our misery.

credit to the pro Brookes possie ,doing a pile on(considering its a pet hate of you all} youve been relentless this week.really missed the little guy .heh???
Obviously you don't watch the games. Maybe a sycophant of the hate Brooks club. Don't let your ego get in the way of a fair appraisal of Brooks. He's not the complete deal but a lot better than the your Bitter at Brooks Brigade Bag Out Club Members drivel.

Try him at centre, hooker or 13. Happy to try something unconventional.
IMO he has no versatility, he remains a liability wherever he plays. But if changing positions will put this argument to bed then just do it already. Whatever it takes to move him on, just put us out of our misery.
4 more years...

Back