Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

And all 4 are off contract at the end of next season...
What's our back up plan?

Cos anyone who thinks we're a chance at keeping all 4 with how we're going, It outside their mind.
We might even be lucky to keep 2.... Then What?
It just depends who the coach is, they "might" all love him.

Was just listening to a pod with Willie Peters he mentioned being compared to sterlo early on in his career impacted him and went to UK and enjoyed himself.

Sounds similar to Brooks.

Brooks is being solely blamed (especially here) for a bog ordinary team....
When the team was mediocre - He played well and got accolades.

All and sundry are happy to remind us he's been crap his whole career...
Whilst arguing to the death the likes of Chris Lawrence are considered club legends and top quality back rowers.

Willie was also unfortunate enough to play in ordinary teams early on.

I feel sorry for Brooks, He's a better than average halfback and deserves better than the crap he's had to play with for the last bunch of years, Let alone carry sole responsibility for it being crap.

I'm not fussed if he stays or if he goes....
I support the Jersey - And those I feel that put in while wearing it.
I'll only defend that fact that he IS NOT the problem with this team.
And that 10 AD's and JH's won't fix it after he's gone...
Fair enough if you feel that way, I alo believe a need to defend those that are trying, but I feel he tanked it on the weekend.

Wonder how his partner feels about this. Isn’t he close to having his first child. I’d say he goes nowhere for a year or two.
It would certainly be an intimidating thought being away from friends and family.

Could also be seen as an exciting opportunity. All sorts of costs could be covered by the clubs involved.

Y

Whilst arguing to the death the likes of Chris Lawrence are considered club legends and top quality back rowers.

I feel sorry for Brooks, He's a better than average halfback and deserves better than the crap he's had to play with for the last bunch of years, Let alone carry sole responsibility for it being crap.
Yep your right. If our side was half decent in the last 10 years. Good players would want to come to us.

Mate he only had to improve a little bit each off season and we’d go with him. His improved defence aside, he plays exactly how he did 6/7 years ago. Very predictable, easily defended against. I doubt sides focus on him that much during their prep to play us.

I get what your saying.

But did benji and Robbie really have a great squad around them?

Great players create a great team and Brooks is happy to be a passenger and not create anything great like benj and Robbie.

Agree tho, coaching certainly couldn't have been any worse for Brooks.

I get what your saying.

But did benji and Robbie really have a great squad around them?

Great players create a great team and Brooks is happy to be a passenger and not create anything great like benj and Robbie.

Agree tho, coaching certainly couldn't have been any worse for Brooks.

Why does he need to be Benji or Robbie...
No one has said he's that kind of superstar...
Benji was a generational player - What he could do wasn't seen before and hasn't been seen since... In any team in the game.
Robbie an Origin Hooker - Brooks may well never reach those heights.
I would seriously doubt Madden, Hastings or Doueihi would either?
They can all certainly be more than decent without those accolades.

No Benji and Robbie didn't have a superstar team - But they had Origin Players (Brooks doesn't)
(In fact - We're the only team in the comp without an Origin rep, Furthermore... We haven't even got a player in the discussion) And the best halfback in the comp at the perfect time.
2005 They played a different Game
2010-2011 was a much better squad than this one...
Galloway and Lawrence played for Australia in 11, Benji won the golden boot in 2010.
+ 2 words...... Gareth Ellis.

Farah played 16 Years at the club - Made the finals 3 times.
Benji played 14 Years at the club - Made the Finals 3 times.
Either way, With the Generational talent and Quality of Farah and Benji
- What's so amazing about making the finals 3 times in 14/16 Years.
Brooks may well eclipse that if he stays as long as them.... And get some decent players around him finally...

Agree, The coaches are doing him no favours - Neither was being bought in as an 18 year old half with absolutely no one to bring him through - To take the pressure off him.... What a James Maloney would have done for him.

Brooks is Certainly not Tanking, And didn't against the Dogs - No one gives the Dogs Credit, We lost because our halfback made us lose...

We lost by less points to them than Parra did the week before...
Parra are considered a premiership team and are stacked with Quality...
We did a better job on the dogs than Parra did... And the dogs had the added confidence of the Parra win when coming up against us.

Back