Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Good for Brooks if he goes to Super League. Gets away from the limelight and may be able to re-discover himself over there. Could be similar to Hastings. We've seen other players find themselves in England. Blake Green is another I can think of.

I hope he goes.
At last some common sense to the Luke Brooks dilemma.
As much as I love Brooksie, if @Luke Brooks #1 Fan reckons it's "good for Brooks"
then that's good enough for me :)

Mods, can we have a separate "Brooks Signs With Hull FC" thread?

With all the endorsements from forum members eg Magpies1963 "at last some common sense to the Brooks dilemma"

It's has to be for real. Magpies can you post a link? thanks

Last edited:
Mods, can we have a separate "Brooks Signs With Hull KR" thread?

With all the endorsements from forum members eg Magpies1963 "at last some common sense to the Brooks dilemma"

It's has to be for real. Magpies can you post a link? thanks
In the interests of accuracy, he is going to Hull FC rather than Hull KR.

My fellow Australians,

It is with great sadness that I share the following message. It has come to my attention that my Pommy mate may have been playing a prank on me regarding Brooks. I will fully investigate this possibility - no stone will be left unturned, and if necessary, compensation can be discussed.

Fate is calling Brooks to Hull, but sometimes fate can be cruelly twisted off course.

Yours sincerely,

TillLindemann

My fellow Australians,

It is with great sadness that I share the following message. It has come to my attention that my Pommy mate may have been playing a prank on me regarding Brooks. I will fully investigate this possibility - no stone will be left unturned, and if necessary, compensation can be discussed.

Fate is calling Brooks to Hull, but sometimes fate can be cruelly twisted off course.

Yours sincerely,

TillLindemann
it was good while it lasted

My fellow Australians,

Yours sincerely,

TillLindemann
OMG the Tazos!!!

Wet dreams all around for the Brooks' posse. Talk about getting off half cocked.

I think it was a great option for Luke and the club. It was too good to be true. I like him. I can't see him starting in the halves next season. He is going to be a utility for us.

It's not a bad deal for us. I hope they do drop him next week as well. The sooner it happens the better just to get it out of the media.

They keep escalating his salary in order to run the kid down and he has given us good service for his career. Consistently on the park, great defense, a really good all round game. I wish him the best.

I think it was a great option for Luke and the club. It was too good to be true. I like him. I can't see him starting in the halves next season. He is going to be a utility for us.

It's not a bad deal for us. I hope they do drop him next week as well. The sooner it happens the better just to get it out of the media.

They keep escalating his salary in order to run the kid down and he has given us good service for his career. Consistently on the park, great defense, a really good all round game. I wish him the best
It's up to the new coach but I suspect he will be one of the first picked,

Next year is a contract year for brooks. He will perform, get us excited then not perform for the next 3.

Correlation does not equal causation. In a number of those years he has won our player of the year but yeah it must be his fault he didn’t make everyone else play better.

Our squad is crap. Has been for a number of years. Losing Luke Brooks isn’t going to suddenly send us to the top 8.
Your halfback is your quarterback. He is the highest paid player in the club. He has the most important role in the team. He has failed, year after year. He continually has let us down. He doesn’t step up when it matters most. I start to wonder whether some on here actually support a player and not the club.

Last edited:
Your halfback is your quarterback. He is the highest paid player in the club. He has the most important role in the team. He has failed, year after year. He continually has let us down. He doesn’t step up when it matters most. I start to wonder whether some on here actually support a played and not the club.
Didn’t you catch all his admirers refute this?
He stood out in one game…. out of 186.

Back