@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500466) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500461) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500459) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500456) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500454) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500446) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500418) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500412) said:
Sorry I must have missed the last time Luke Brooks tore the Storm and Roosters apart.

Guess that's the kind of argument you make when you are trying to be contrite rather than talking rugby league and common sense.

It’s the kind of argument you make when everyone gets all warm and fuzzy over a player who stars in a reserve grade standard competition. And even want him to be given the Captaincy. FTR, no one has ever argued Brooks has either.

When your argument against him is that he has never done it against those teams then yes you are actually making the argument that brooks is somehow better than that. You in your defence of Luke are putting a grade on him he has never lived up to.

All well and good to be critical of Hastings but when your counter argument is Luke Brooks you will never gain any traction.

I’m happy to see Brooks moved on for someone better. No one is yet to answer what realistic replacement we could get who we know would be better though. Hastings isn’t in the conversation yet as he’s still unproven in the NRL.

He is sure in your conversation. There has been a million posts having a go at the guy

Who, Brooks or Hastings, cos that statement applies to both.

Would love a link to your million posts having a go at Luke Brooks please.

I remember about 2 years ago when everyone loved him you started bagging him for his mild personality. Words to the effect he was scared of his own shadow

Once everyone started bagging him out for his poor fir you turned over night and started supporting him.

Is that supposed to some kind of gotcha? If that’s the most you’ve got for my bagging the guy than that’s extremely weak. Because he was scared of his own shadow, and guess what, he still is. That’s not a knock, some people are just like that.

I don't do gotchas I do facts. Facts are you used to bag him as much as anyone. Then when it becomes popular to bag him you started supporting him.

Some people are just like that

How did I bag him, show your work. Don’t make broad statements you can’t prove.

@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500472) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500466) said:
Sorry I must have missed the last time Luke Brooks tore the Storm and Roosters apart.

Guess that's the kind of argument you make when you are trying to be contrite rather than talking rugby league and common sense.

It’s the kind of argument you make when everyone gets all warm and fuzzy over a player who stars in a reserve grade standard competition. And even want him to be given the Captaincy. FTR, no one has ever argued Brooks has either.

When your argument against him is that he has never done it against those teams then yes you are actually making the argument that brooks is somehow better than that. You in your defence of Luke are putting a grade on him he has never lived up to.

All well and good to be critical of Hastings but when your counter argument is Luke Brooks you will never gain any traction.

I’m happy to see Brooks moved on for someone better. No one is yet to answer what realistic replacement we could get who we know would be better though. Hastings isn’t in the conversation yet as he’s still unproven in the NRL.

He is sure in your conversation. There has been a million posts having a go at the guy

I remember about 2 years ago when everyone loved him you started bagging him for his mild personality. Words to the effect he was scared of his own shadow

Once everyone started bagging him out for his poor fir you turned over night and started supporting him.

Is that supposed to some kind of gotcha? If that’s the most you’ve got for my bagging the guy than that’s extremely weak. Because he was scared of his own shadow, and guess what, he still is. That’s not a knock, some people are just like that.

I don't do gotchas I do facts. Facts are you used to bag him as much as anyone. Then when it becomes popular to bag him you started supporting him.

Some people are just like that

What ever floats there boat, Brooks has been loyal to us but to totally discount Hastings is laughable, not saying Brooks can't play but what the Tigers need is a guy that can steer the club around not a bloke who as others have attributed to being scared of his own shadow. Even if Hastings go's tits up Ads is developing nicely and I could seem him going well with a young bloke like Volkman.

@jc99 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500468) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500447) said:
There is just no need for the Hastings Brooks division on here.

We should all be cheering on Hastings. Like any new signing.

Brooks lovers are scared he might take his spot

The trash he's copped for no reason has been dumb... he seems like he's got the attitude that we want all our players to have

Serious question. What "trash" have you seen him cop? The harshest criticism I've seen (from me as well) is that he hasnt proven himself at NRL level yet. I reckon he would say the same if he hasnt already in one of his podcasts.

What trash has he copped?

Search feature if people are bothered. I'm certainly not.

The tune changed when it became popular to bag him.

I'll leave it at that

Lest I be another notch in the belt.

Once everyone started bagging him out for his poor form you turned over night and started supporting him.

At least paws and 5150 have always been fan boys. I may disagree with them but at least i can respect their consistency

I didnt see your late edit.

What part of *"he (Brooks) has guided the team around through a long period without success, and as Ive said, I have no problem with him being replaced by better."* screams fanboy?

@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500470) said:

The trash he's copped for no reason has been dumb... he seems like he's got the attitude that we want all our players to have

100%

It's pretty disgusting actually

The poor guy. Fans have turned on him before he has even pulled on a jersey

As I asked previously, what "disgusting" things have been said about Hastings? The worst Ive seen is that he hasnt proven himself at NRL level yet. Have I missed an actual disgusting sledge on him?

Has anyone mentioned his haircut yet?

@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500478) said:
Search feature if people are bothered. I'm certainly not.

The tune changed when it became popular to bag him.

I'll leave it at that

Lest I be another notch in the belt.

Sorry, you can’t make accusations like that and not back them up. The best you could come up with is some measly dig at him being scared of his own shadow, something I’ll happily still admit to to this day. As for the rest of what you agitating, the same way you were in the signings thread, you need to relax. You take things way too seriously, and way too personally. It’s just footy mate.

@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1500477) said:

Serious question. What "trash" have you seen him cop? The harshest criticism I've seen (from me as well) is that he hasnt proven himself at NRL level yet. I reckon he would say the same if he hasnt already in one of his podcasts.

What trash has he copped?

Been countless people saying he's useless, is a bad person, terrible attitude, won't make it in the NRL, already failed at roosters so he'll suck

Literally just read earlier comments in the Hastings thread or this thread. A LOT of people had a go at him for what seemed like purely personal reasons?

Since people clearly can't be bothered to discuss this topic rationally without having a go at one another, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back