Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have to say that Madge has copped a barrage from the fans and media while he has been with us....he inherited an abomination of a roster with highly paid minimum input players and said we need CHANGE...he has stuck through with his plans,got some great youth and experience,good assistants and Sheens as Director of football...
The results havent gone our way,however this makeshift team has performed for 80 mins with gutsy efforts,play for each other and Madge,all the while half the NRL side is on the sideline due to injuries....
Now thats culture change...Madge also never bags the players and always says he has a great group of players and defends them no end....
He is a good coach with old school traits,hard but fair and loyalty second to none.....

If he doesn’t get a defensive effort out of the team after conceding 36 points two weeks straight, against a hopeless Bulldogs attack, I will be very worried for him. He indicated in the press conference he wasn’t happy, let’s see if he can coach a change.

It's very odd that Buzz does nothing but bag every facet of our entire organisation

- But can't stop trying to get his work colleague and old friend a job with us.
I think Buzz could be charged with contrary conduct 😂
He often plays devils advocate to get a rise from the panel and his stories are designed to leave the reader with more unanswered questions. It’s not surprising that his motives are hard to read.

DT NRL podcast at 16 minutes asked Buzz do you think wests tigers would be keen for Maguire to go to the Bulldogs. Buzz reply yes for sure they'd give him a cab charge to get there, for sure.
That would be coaching career suicide for Madge, whilst we are bad I think working under Gus would be walking on permanent egg shells,after all he does have good form in sacking coaches. I personally think Madge is very dedicated and a man of his word.

That would be coaching career suicide for Madge, whilst we are bad I think working under Gus would be walking on permanent egg shells,after all he does have good form in sacking coaches. I personally think Madge is very dedicated and a man of his word.

I found it interesting he was very sure the WT want madge gone.

Two red type personalities....na wouldn't work.

If we wanted him gone he would be. We are equal last.

Madge doesn’t look like someone under pressure atm.
I agree with your summarisation on Madge. I personally thought he looked the most relaxed and in good spirits I have seen of him all season onSunday last week before kick off in his presser,which gave me confidence in the rumour of him and Angus meeting up that things went smoothly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back