Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what's happening regarding the coach.
Exactly right ,but I will tell you one thing if they get rid of Madge they will shoot themselves in the foot and this club will end up in the rubbish pile of clubs that thought they could find a fix in 5 minutes...Madge has this makeshift team playing 80 mins every week,sticking to the plan and results havent gone our way...BUT 1/2 the NRL big paid blokes are sitting on the sideline swilling beers while this almost ressies side has been flying the club flag...
Wake up and smell the roses if you guys think Wolf,Flanno,Ciraldo and co would do better then pinch yourselves your dreaming...
The sooner you understand the mechanics of NRL and what it takes to field a successful team,then the better off you will be...just look at the Dogs for instance ,lets buy the best in their position and we will be a threat to win the premiership ,,,hows that going,coach walks out,players want out and they are sitting dead last...
Dont bag me unless you have a solid argument,I only played in group nine in the riverina and it was tough trying to be in the top side at the time, imagine being on huge money to produce week in week out with the media and commentator pressure..
I got $50 a win in first grade back in the 80s for a win,I had to work and then go to training...these wanna bees have nothing to do but train and play footy win ,lose or draw they get anywhere between $2500 or 10,000 a game...and all people can do is bag the coach....unbelievable....

Exactly right ,but I will tell you one thing if they get rid of Madge they will shoot themselves in the foot and this club will end up in the rubbish pile of clubs that thought they could find a fix in 5 minutes...Madge has this makeshift team playing 80 mins every week,sticking to the plan and results havent gone our way...BUT 1/2 the NRL big paid blokes are sitting on the sideline swilling beers while this almost ressies side has been flying the club flag...
Wake up and smell the roses if you guys think Wolf,Flanno,Ciraldo and co would do better then pinch yourselves your dreaming...
The sooner you understand the mechanics of NRL and what it takes to field a successful team,then the better off you will be...just look at the Dogs for instance ,lets buy the best in their position and we will be a threat to win the premiership ,,,hows that going,coach walks out,players want out and they are sitting dead last...
Dont bag me unless you have a solid argument,I only played in group nine in the riverina and it was tough trying to be in the top side at the time, imagine being on huge money to produce week in week out with the media and commentator pressure..
I got $50 a win in first grade back in the 80s for a win,I had to work and then go to training...these wanna bees have nothing to do but train and play footy win ,lose or draw they get anywhere between $2500 or 10,000 a game...and all people can do is bag the coach....unbelievable....

All good mate, I get we've had injuries this year and do not doubt Madge's commitment to the club. But my gut feeling is madge is not quite right for WT. A tod payten style coach could do wonders.

I'm intrigued with how sure Buzz is WT are not keen on madge. I know Buzz is an easy target, and everyone thinks he's best mate with Shane. But he also pointed out Buzz did break the news Shane was working when he was banned, which got him banned the last couple of years.

Idk could be all bull too, but wouldn't be suprised if things turn when we continue losing this year.

Great conversation mate and I respect your opinion immensley...Im looking at it from the cut throat position it is when it comes to NRL coaching...at the time a lot of people thought Trent Barrett would be a good fit for the dogs,especially the dogs fans...as they thought Potter was a great selection at the time for us...
Many people have many views,none of us know what lurks amongst the board and their agendas..on a level platform with all things in place from coaches,staff playing roster we would all be in the top 4/8 every year,unfortunatly

Buzz just likes to create drama. It sells papers. There's no way WT would want to move madge on right now.

Considering how negative he is about the club constantly, do you really think we'd be divulging stuff like that to him? Unless it's one of goose board members.

Madge also said he didn't want to go to the dogs. If he had an axe above him, would he said that? Hell no.

In summary, buzz is a glorified Woman's day level scribe. Probably slide right into writing some Harry & markle based material.

Buzz is constantly thinking of different angles and outcomes. If he wasn’t a journo, he would be a chess player.
One thing we do know about Madge is, he likes a challenge, attacks it like a dog with a bone. When was the last time we had a coach like that?
Two years ago I posted on here that Madge will get us into a GF if we can hang onto him long enough. I see it about 3 seasons away. At that time we’ll also have Noddy’s JF juniors NRL ready.

Totally agree mate, people that think Madge can't coach are delusional. He has been working with reserve graders and juniors for most of his time here. He is now starting to get what he is wants in terms of a good side and people want him gone to start another five year rebuild, Jesus wept. The decent players rate him and want to play for him, the others can piss off. This time next year all the Madge haters will be eating a fat slice of humble pie.

All good mate, I get we've had injuries this year and do not doubt Madge's commitment to the club. But my gut feeling is madge is not quite right for WT. A tod payten style coach could do wonders.

I'm intrigued with how sure Buzz is WT are not keen on madge. I know Buzz is an easy target, and everyone thinks he's best mate with Shane. But he also pointed out Buzz did break the news Shane was working when he was banned, which got him banned the last couple of years.

Idk could be all bull too, but wouldn't be suprised if things turn when we continue losing this year.
Todd Payten was a very smart footballer and an equally smart coach with WTs DNA. He also would have a close relationship with Sheens, John Morris also. I believe both would be an excellent fit for WTs.

With the set-up now in the football dept, the change of coach would imo view not have a significant impact and perhaps that was part of the motivation for doing it.

Todd Payten was a very smart footballer and an equally smart coach with WTs DNA. He also would have a close relationship with Sheens, John Morris also. I believe both would be an excellent fit for WTs.

With the set-up now in the football dept, the change of coach would imo view not have a significant impact and perhaps that was part of the motivation for doing it.

What do you in in that last paragraph mate?

The structure with Sheens overseeing ops. There is a continuity of oversight. I understood WTs are to play a consistent style of football throughout the grades. Also recruitment and re-signings are ongoing.

Idk mate, I don't see the point recruiting good juniors and players, when we don't have Sheens or a sheens style coach, coaching them.

Sheens has said many times he is not coaching and him and madge are different style of coaches.

These Murdoch types can't help themselves. I was hanging out with one, who has a link to the sport department, seemed like a good enough person. About 15 drinks in I started hammering their colleagues in the RL department. They defended them all as "good blokes". 20 minutes later started trying to sell me a subscription. Read the room dude. I think they actually believe their own crap or are on commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back