Madge, Good Riddence here

Poor thread. Madge was asked to do too much here with no help. He held the joint together however I agree with his sacking as his time was up. Blaming Madge is poor form it’s our management that’s lacking.

I'm kinda on the fence with Madge.

I'm not happy nor sad he is gone.
I wouldn't be happy or sad if he stayed.

I wish him the best with his future.
I'm disappointed he couldn't do more at the Tigers.

I did however find myself disagreeing with a lot of what he did.

Potter on the other hand, now that was a thinking man.

I'm not hopeful or confident with the future but I'm in it forever, like a life sentence.

Everything has its ups and downs and we've probably had more downs than ups - so hopefully there's some light at the end of the tunnel and we all see some success in our lifetimes.

Shout out all the fans that stick solid.
All the die hards.
Guys like @Geo , @hobbo1 and @TrueTiger

One day.
Some day.
🐯

It's all coulda, shoulda, wouldas but I believe the players wouldn't have put the cue in the rack if Madge wasn't sacked. The club gave them an excuse to toss the year out when they let him go. I'm not saying that he would have got us into the eight, not a chance, but we could well have dodged the spoon.

The spoon belongs to Sheens, Gadget and Pascoe for not pulling the trigger last year. The spoon is more representative of our garbage management.

I'm kinda on the fence with Madge.

I'm not happy nor sad he is gone.
I wouldn't be happy or sad if he stayed.

I wish him the best with his future.
I'm disappointed he couldn't do more at the Tigers.

I did however find myself disagreeing with a lot of what he did.

Potter on the other hand, now that was a thinking man.

I'm not hopeful or confident with the future but I'm in it forever, like a life sentence.

Everything has its ups and downs and we've probably had more downs than ups - so hopefully there's some light at the end of the tunnel and we all see some success in our lifetimes.

Shout out all the fans that stick solid.
All the die hards.
Guys like @Geo , @hobbo1 and @TrueTiger

One day.
Some day.
🐯

Same same....
I thought it was stupid to sack him now just to try get Ciraldo,
We don't sack him I think we're doing better than now (Maybe)
But the Papalli thing maybe isn't an issue - Who knows?

Same same....
I thought it was stupid to sack him now just to try get Ciraldo,
We don't sack him I think we're doing better than now (Maybe)
But the Papalli thing maybe isn't an issue - Who knows?
Yep, end of the day...
It's out of our control.

We can just sit back and marvel....or cringe at some moves the club chooses to make.

Either way, always something going on.
For better or worse.
It's like a soap opera.

Pretty much agree with most of the posts above. If he was good enough last December (when I, personally, wanted him gone) I don't understand why he wasn't good enough mid point this year when we were competing most weeks with massive injuries. It was actually the first year in his tenure we seemed willing to play a bit tougher, even when losing, not every week but 3 out of every 4.

I know this isn't glowing praise of Madge, he didn't earn in, but we let him go without a plan and that's shockingly dumb even for us. Although some of us actually joked this was Sheens' plan all along, I didn't expect to be right haha.

Poor thread. Madge was asked to do too much here with no help. He held the joint together however I agree with his sacking as his time was up. Blaming Madge is poor form it’s our management that’s lacking.

Too much isn't it his job to coach?

Pretty much agree with most of the posts above. If he was good enough last December (when I, personally, wanted him gone) I don't understand why he wasn't good enough mid point this year when we were competing most weeks with massive injuries. It was actually the first year in his tenure we seemed willing to play a bit tougher, even when losing, not every week but 3 out of every 4.

I know this isn't glowing praise of Madge, he didn't earn in, but we let him go without a plan and that's shockingly dumb even for us. Although some of us actually joked this was Sheens' plan all along, I didn't expect to be right haha.
I agree with all of this.

Blaming the coach is what management does best. Probably one of them starting the bash Madge threads.

Last edited:
It's all coulda, shoulda, wouldas but I believe the players wouldn't have put the cue in the rack if Madge wasn't sacked. The club gave them an excuse to toss the year out when they let him go. I'm not saying that he would have got us into the eight, not a chance, but we could well have dodged the spoon.

The spoon belongs to Sheens, Gadget and Pascoe for not pulling the trigger last year. The spoon is more representative of our garbage management.
Sheens has been here 5 minutes. This is Pascoe’s spoon.

How sad.

One thread apologising to Madge, another created to revel in his sacking...

Imagine being that caught up in debating the exhausting minutia of the symptoms of failure, that you cannot see the forest for the tree's. Wasted energy and vitriol instead of looking for the cause of the disease. One man, either way, should be scapegoat for the downfall of an organisation, definitely not one at the rank of coach. Failure at this level is a burden of those with much greater influence.

Such is the WT forum...

Back