Mikaele released to join UK Super League

upthetigers

Mikaele released to join UK Super League​

Wests Tigers
Sun 22 May 2022, 08:00 PM

Wests Tigers prop Thomas Mikaele has been released from his contract to join the UK Super League, effective immediately.
Mikaele has signed a two-and-a-half year deal to play in the UK’s top flight competition after spending the last three and a half seasons with Wests Tigers.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe says the club wishes Mikaele all the best with his future.

I speak on behalf of all at the club in thanking Thomas for his contributions over the past few years and we wish him all the best with his future in the game.”
CEO Justin Pascoe
Coach Michael Maguire has echoed Pascoe’s comments, “It’s a good opportunity for Thomas and he leaves our club with the very best wishes.
I'm sure we'll see Thomas back in the NRL at some stage"
Mikaele’s exit frees up one place in Wests Tigers 30-man playing roster which is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.

Mikaele released to join UK Super League​

Wests Tigers
Sun 22 May 2022, 08:00 PM

Wests Tigers prop Thomas Mikaele has been released from his contract to join the UK Super League, effective immediately.
Mikaele has signed a two-and-a-half year deal to play in the UK’s top flight competition after spending the last three and a half seasons with Wests Tigers.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe says the club wishes Mikaele all the best with his future.

Coach Michael Maguire has echoed Pascoe’s comments, “It’s a good opportunity for Thomas and he leaves our club with the very best wishes.
I'm sure we'll see Thomas back in the NRL at some stage"
Mikaele’s exit frees up one place in Wests Tigers 30-man playing roster which is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.
Good,, he bludges a lot and cannot play the ball properly ..

Good luck to him. Didn't develop into the player I thought he would. Came out of Keebra Park with huge wraps on him. Shone brightly in his first year coming off the bench, then never did much after that.

Does that give us 28 or 29 spots? Is William Kei really on a top 30 contract?

Last edited:
Well this is a surprise. However just found this from 4 days ago.

The rebuilding for next season has already started with the club linked with Wests Tigers’ forward Thomas Mikaele on a three-year deal.

The 24-year-old’s contract with the Tigers expires at the end of the season and it is understood they haven’t been able to match an offer of a three-year deal from Warrington.

Wish him all the best.

Last edited:

Members online

Back