Mitch brown try

hadds75

not that it matters, but say it was a close game…...

not sure what the rules are on it. but how that isnt a knock on ill give it away. there is not a chance in hell u could claim he was trying to drop kick it or anything.

I agree it was probably a knock-on, but nontheless it was a classy play from a player I rate , who looked the most threatening/likely of all Shark players today.
Look forward to him progressing even further in Tiger colours next year !

the vid ref looked at one distance replay of the dropped ball.

He dead set dropped the ball.

I wonder if Robert Finch will defend this decision like he always does.

@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
i thought u could only drop kick the ball in the process of attempting a field goal

No….you can convert a try with a drop kick.

so you can drop a ball have it bounce oncee and kick it and it doesnt constitute a knock on as it will be classed as a drop kick anywhere on the field

But the thing is.

A drop kick has to be a genuine attempt at field goal.

Same as a penalty kick has to be a genuine attempt and not a deliberate grubber off tee or into corner

@jasetiger said:
I agree it was probably a knock-on, but nontheless it was a classy play from a player I rate , who looked the most threatening/likely of all Shark players today.
Look forward to him progressing even further in Tiger colours next year !

it wasnt a classy play . he dropped the ball but was not made to pay by the inept guys in the middle ….

I thought it depended on whether you're in control or not.

I havnt seen the replay yet, but to me it looked like he was in control when he dropped the ball down to kick it.

If that happened to a Tiger and it was denied I wouldve been spewing so Im fine with the decision.

im not 100% but i think if you drop the ball with control you can drop kick it from anywhere and it represents a kick. If you are fumbling the ball and attempt to kick it to stop it from being a knock on, and it hits the ground first, then its a knock on.

Assuming im right, which im not 100% on, i think its a fair try.

@anderson silva said:
@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
i thought u could only drop kick the ball in the process of attempting a field goal

No….you can convert a try with a drop kick.

so you can drop a ball have it bounce oncee and kick it and it doesnt constitute a knock on as it will be classed as a drop kick anywhere on the field

I didnt say that….I dont know what youre saying.

All i said is you can attempt a conversion using a dropkick, learn to read

For mine a try i wont bag the guy he tried all day looking forward to having him at the tigers next season he will put in no problem. and i wish him luck

Whilst I'm not sure of the exact wording of the rule, I've got no problem with the interpretation applied. It appeared that Brown clearly intended to drop it on the boot, it just happened to bounce before he kicked it. Seems fair enough to me. Had he dropped it accidentally and the kick was accidental/or a last ditch effort I'd feel differently.

to me it looked like he intended to drop it on his toes to grubber ,,,but he missed his toes ….o well at the end of the day some guy will be wrapping it up in fish and chip paper in a couple of days .....

Absolutely no way was that a try….................the video refs are a complete embarassment.

A drop kick, doesn't the foot need to come into contact with the ball at the same time as it hits the ground.
With Mitchs' try, the ball had already hit the ground and bounced back up.
When they showed the replay, it was stopped with Mitchs' foot under the ball, but, the ball had already hit the ground.

No try.

Hard to get a good read on him today given the Sharks outside backs got bugger all ball. He's certainly big enough and moves across the field ok. Can't find a spot in FG for him next season at this stage though. He could be handy if injuries arise though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back