Mitchell Moses #175

Supposedly Moses was for 2024 at 1.3m
Brooks final year this year 900k
I imagine the money will just go to Brooks if we can’t get anyone. Not sure why people were speculating Moses 7 and Brooks 6. Can afford both unless Brooks takes a huge pay cut.
Interesting.

You think it's Moses or Brooks, not both?

Supposedly Moses was for 2024 at 1.3m
Brooks final year this year 900k
I imagine the money will just go to Brooks if we can’t get anyone. Not sure why people were speculating Moses 7 and Brooks 6. Can afford both unless Brooks takes a huge pay cut.
they will use AD's money that is 600k and they will say to Brooks take a paycut simple. He will want to finish a one club player.
they restructure the deal and spread the 2023 salary over a further 2 years say 24 and 25, much like what they did with Chris Laurence

Respectfully disagree.

Controls games like the best of em.
Has a lot of tools in his arsenal.

Is up there with the best 7s in the game and posts like this show how underrated he truly is.
I didn’t say he was shite player, he’s great. Just don’t agree he’s an organiser, he’s in a well structured team. I think he runs of the back Munster. Without him I don’t think he’s overly creative, except his running and his kicking game mostly to himself. I think even Cronk said the same thing.

Interesting.

You think it's Moses or Brooks, not both?
That what I assumed. I can’t imagine Brooks willing to take a massive pay cut if the dolphins or another team are willing to pay him as the main playmaker.

I can’t see how we expect parra not to be able to afford Brown and Moses yet we think we can afford Brooks and Moses, along with Api.

they will use AD's money that is 600k and they will say to Brooks take a paycut simple. He will want to finish a one club player.
they restructure the deal and spread the 2023 salary over a further 2 years say 24 and 25, much like what they did with Chris Laurence
Why do you expect Brooks to take a pay cut to play for the tigers. ( When he has stated he will do what’s best for him next contract, yet scoff at why Moses would stay at Parra at 1.1 when we are offering 1.3? At a club that just made the grand final and made him a star?

That what I assumed. I can’t imagine Brooks willing to take a massive pay cut if the dolphins or another team are willing to pay him as the main playmaker.

I can’t see how we expect parra not to be able to afford Brown and Moses yet we think we can afford Brooks and Moses, along with Api.
doubt Brooks leaves Sydney all his family here. if it was all about money he would have pushed for a release to Newcastle.
if a Sydney club offers good coin 2024 he might leave

Why do you expect Brooks to take a pay cut to play for the tigers. ( When he has stated he will do what’s best for him next contract, yet scoff at why Moses would stay at Parra at 1.1 when we are offering 1.3? At a club that just made the grand final and made him a star?
from what I was told he was not overly happy with madge and keen to be coached by Sheens and an improved pack. Given that I think he will stay unless the cash is too good to refuse.

As for Moses, I understand his manager put to Tigers we needed to strengthen our pack and we have. Also I think money helps. Thirdly if Moses was keen to stay at Parramatta he has had plenty of time to sign with them.

Don't know much about QCup but NSW has Dean Hawkins about the only one that i think still fits that description. Clune was the best experienced halfback in reggies for a few years. Never taken his shot at first grade but was in some ordinary teams.
I wonder if Conner Tracey might be worth a shout? Was looking to be a very good halfback until injuries stalled his career. If doesnt work out could be used in the centres as he has at Sharks the past couple years.
But really, i think Brooks is a better player than any of them. Just depends on what he thinks his next contract should be valued at in comparison to the other options.
Interesting Clune and Hastings played for Illawarra Sports High against Moses and Brooks for Holy Cross Ryde. Clune and Hastings back together at the Knights and possibly Moses and Brooks back together.

Hopefully we extend Doueihi after starting the year 6-2 or better on the back of a dominant forward pack.

We either keep the ones we have, sign a young unproven half on big money, or sign a half on the scrapheap.

None of these options are particularly enticing, but I think those are the realistic ones as there are 16 more promising clubs to join based on the past 10 years.

We either keep the ones we have, sign a young unproven half on big money, or sign a half on the scrapheap.

None of these options are particularly enticing, but I think those are the realistic ones as there are 16 more promising clubs to join based on the past 10 years.
This is true, Yet I think we have hit a big "reset" button.

I don't know what our team will be like in 2023. When Luke Garner and Ketoa T are the best signings for some clubs, we suddenly look a lot better. Particularly with Benji and Farah around, they are at least familiar names.

Ofcourse we don't prove it on the field with at least a 50/50 win ratio, were Stuffed. Yet I think we will see some success in 2023.

Benji will want to play a fast paced / ad lib game, so Moses / Brooks is ideal.

MM won't be coming IMO and AD does not fit that role.

George Williams IMO is a better player than Moses, but, again, he does not fit that role also.

The club will want someone who can play fast paced, ad lib footy. The problem is there are not many of them. Munster = perfect. But he is gone. MM = best of what is available, but likely not coming.

Not sure who we can target. The best hope is probably the young Benji clone coming through...but he is years away.

Not sure who we can target. The best hope is probably the young Benji clone coming through...but he is years away.

It's really tough isn't it. There is so little talent in the halves. Hastings was pretty good but he was slow. I hope he wasn't slow just because of the ankle injury he sustained.

We also don't have a quality fullback atm.

I wonder if the club would possibly look at in 2024
7. Mitchell Pearce
6 Brooks

Might allow them to go after RTS or Farnworth

I wonder if the club would possibly look at in 2024
7. Mitchell Pearce
6 Brooks

Might allow them to go after RTS or Farnworth
I had actually wondered why we did not poach Mitchell Pearce, even if only for a year.

Yes, SOO he should have been dropped as the halfback ages ago. He always played a top game.

Now? Mitchell Pearce... He is 33 and really would only fit as a backup half to 2023. By 2024 he would be 34/35.

I don't know what his physical fitness is like. Someone like Brett Hodgson could have made a comeback to Australia as he kept playing till he was 37. Pat Richards did make a comeback and was awesome for us.... damn you Jason Taylor! Honestly I wish JT would assist at the Roosters so they could get the Wisdom to fire Joey Manu and Subilli as they don't play a "conventional" style of football. ;)

2024 MP way too old. 2023, maybe a far option as a reserve half or even hooker to impart some training on Brooks/Doueihi if we don't get Moses.
That said we have Benji, Farah, David Fulner, Sheens... Were over coached so I don't think this is a good idea at all. 2022 IMHO should have been considered.

Benji will want to play a fast paced / ad lib game, so Moses / Brooks is ideal.

MM won't be coming IMO and AD does not fit that role.

George Williams IMO is a better player than Moses, but, again, he does not fit that role also.

The club will want someone who can play fast paced, ad lib footy. The problem is there are not many of them. Munster = perfect. But he is gone. MM = best of what is available, but likely not coming.

The players who play like that:

Shawn Johnson
Chris Sandow (but was at retirement age last year).
Kane Elgey but I believe he has fully retired.
Jahrome Hugues I think can fit that style as well.

IMHO there is no point recruiting a Marshall like player and then Marshall coaching them. Unless ofcourse they are a Junior/developing player that we can guide that way.

Munster plays the Marshall style ad-lib footy well. I don't see why we can't work through a structured half and have a 5/8 or center play a more Marshall like game.
Nathan Mead?
Robert Lui
Prince
All worked in this style.
Tim Moltzen was the exception as he played as an unstructured halfback.

Tristan Salior... Currently TT with the Broncos.
Plays 5/8, Fullback has speed, able to set up his man and plays eyes up footy and only 23 years old.
Has had his issues "cleared" but IMO a natural footballer and potentialy better than what we have in those positions and will come cheap.
Does come with baggage "his dad" LOL

Back