Next 3 rounds

diedpretty

I don't like to get ahead of myself as it often comes back to bite you on the bum, however in the next 3 rounds we play the cowboys, manly and sharks - the manly game is probably a 50/50 seeing its at bluetongue stadium - the cowboys and sharks games are both at leichhardt and not only do we need to win these 2 games but win them both very convincingly to boost our f & a - i think we showed tonight that our attack is slowly improving so i hope we hit the ground running next week.

We are in a great position at present considering our attack is only firing at 60-65% of what it can.
Our Defense has improved,
Our long kicking has improved,
Our discipline is improving
Now we need our kick chase, 5th tackle options and attack to improve and we are looking a lot more lethal than we were two months ago.

The Cowboys game worries me a bit. The Tigers play them on a Monday night in between two games against teams who will be finalists - Titans and Manly. If they roll the Eels on Monday night they will still be in with a slight chance of making the 8\. We should get them at LO, but I think that game will be a tough one.

@stryker said:
We are in a great position at present considering our attack is only firing at 60-65% of what it can.
Our Defense has improved,
Our long kicking has improved,
Our discipline is improving
Now we need our kick chase, 5th tackle options and attack to improve and we are looking a lot more lethal than we were two months ago.

Agree. With a bit of luck Lui and Ryan are due back next week and Ellis is due back for the Manly game. The Cowboys struggle at Leichardt so hopefully the Tigers can stick it to them and improve their attack. The Sharks don't concern me at this stage, but Manly will be tough if all their forwards are fit.

Cant believe it, looks like for the first time since 2005 we are actually going to win the top 8\. The best part is as you say were in such a good position now that we really should make the top four. The bottom line is that if we actually wont to win the comp this year we will beat the Cowboys and Cronulla at Leichardt, think the Manly match would just be a bonus at this stage.

@benjibrotown said:
Cant believe it, looks like for the first time since 2005 we are actually going to win the top 8\. The best part is as you say were in such a good position now that we really should make the top four. The bottom line is that if we actually wont to win the comp this year we will beat the Cowboys and Cronulla at Leichardt, think the Manly match would just be a bonus at this stage.

Yep, for once destiny is in our own hands over the last couple of years we have had to sweat on other results to go our way but this year it's up to us. Top 4 is becoming more and more likely each week even though we aren't playing that flash but we have stopped two teams near us on the ladder two weeks in a row from gaining points. The Manly match is going to be another important one to keep our distance away from them as well because I can really see them starting to hit their straps at the back end of this season.

Also, I agree completely that the Cowboys & Sharks games are going to be important games for our for and against. If you have a better for and against than the teams below you then it's basically an extra two points.

Week to week effort and application is the only thing that will get us to the finals.

Injury management is the only area we should be focused forward on

It is VITAL that we win at least the Cowboys and Sharks games because that will be enough to get into the top eight regardless of what happens otherwise. They have to clinch a top eight spot as early as possible so they aren't fighting for it during the last couple of rounds again.

While the semis look to be a formality (how good is it to be abkle to say that for once) we should now be looking to get momentum so we are peaking in september, I dont know how they do that, but as smeg alluded to injury management is one thing, if we can look after this that in turn leads to continuity and combinations which go a long way to gathering momentum.
McKinnons & Lawrences r/ship for example, theyre both strting to form and understanding, timing, communication and just practise will see us reap the benefits of chris' inside balls to wade

Nah, we should roll Manly

They're not in great form and their inexperience (especially in the halves) is starting to be found out.

@citizen cub said:

They're not in great form and their inexperience (especially in the halves) is starting to be found out.

they always seem to find a way to get it over us

@NJLM78 said:
The Cowboys game worries me a bit. The Tigers play them on a Monday night in between two games against teams who will be finalists - Titans and Manly. If they roll the Eels on Monday night they will still be in with a slight chance of making the 8\. We should get them at LO, but I think that game will be a tough one.

There's no way the Cowboys will beat Parra or us for that matter. They've got a terrible away record plus we have a great record against them (especially at Leichhardt). It's funny, because you look at that team on paper and think they'd trouble some of the top sides, but as a team, they haven't really troubled the front runners for about 3 years now.

Even though Parra are playing dreadfully ATM, i think they'll still beat them.

@Balmain Tiger said:
@citizen cub said:

they always seem to find a way to get it over us

Not really, we've won the past 2 games against them

The manly worries me but there should be no excuses for the other two games whatsoever!

@innsaneink said:
While the semis look to be a formality (how good is it to be abkle to say that for once) we should now be looking to get momentum so we are peaking in september, I dont know how they do that, but as smeg alluded to injury management is one thing, if we can look after this that in turn leads to continuity and combinations which go a long way to gathering momentum.
McKinnons & Lawrences r/ship for example, theyre both strting to form and understanding, timing, communication and just practise will see us reap the benefits of chris' inside balls to wade

true true, though i dont think lawrence will stay at 5/8, thought i do hope when lui comes back, he, marshall, and mckinnon start to get some plays together… and i hope that lui or marshall dont get injured, we need to have gelld halves...

Next week is a massive week…

A win for us could potentially see us 4 points clear of 5th... The Rabbits play St George, Roosters play the dogs and the Titans play the Broncos... If the Titans or the Roosters lose then we will be 4 points clear and in a very good position to secure the top 4 spot we need...

Manly are CATS if we get our troops back we will put 20 on them…If the injury gods are with us the next 3 in the Bag that's if we really are a player for the title.

@smeghead said:
Week to week effort and application is the only thing that will get us to the finals.

Injury management is the only area we should be focused forward on

I agree, one step at a time.
yes the excitement is building, but won't be able to relax, until there is no possible chance of missing the top 8\. :pray:
the team has been in good postions, in previous seasons, and its turned to crap. :blush:
I am excited, yet very wary.

Cowboys lost to parra, but they still managed to score 24 pts plus there was plenty of 50/50 calls that went parra's way, esp that pass from thurston that was incorrectly called forward. from the following set parra scored and off the kick off they scored again. had the ref not called that pass forward, thurston had put the winger in the clear and cowboys would have been on the attack. that call changed the whole game. we should beat the cowboys, but they are not to be underestimated.

Latest posts

Back