No heart, No glory

Sabre

i have never seen a team so unpassionate about playing in my life. For the full 80 minutes the tigers weren't interested and you can never win a game with that attitude.

And how can you not aim up playing in front of 30,000 fans on a very special occassion at the SCG? If you can't lift for a game like this than that is just sad. Like i read in another thread, Peter Proven deserved much better.

The whole game was an embarrasment and an insult to all tigers fans and players both past and present.
\
\
I really hope that we can put in more effort next time.

The players don't by and large fear the recriminations of stuffing up
They make mistakes because there are no penalties for making mistakes
Do you blame the child or the parent who isn't strict enough
Remember the parent has the advantage of 30 yrs or so in age

Burn those jumpers,and never use them again,they should never play in them again,we were pathetic today

@AmericanHistoryX said:
how many players out there today knew who peter provan was?

They all wore black armbands, they all shouldve known who they were for and who PP was….unfortunately these things are often overlooked with football teams. Wether thats the case today, who knows?

@AmericanHistoryX said:
how many players out there today knew who peter provan was?

it doesnt matter, they would hav known he was an ex-tiger and the black arm bands they were wearing ment that they were playing with respects to him.

@Fast Eddie said:
The players don't by and large fear the recriminations of stuffing up
They make mistakes because there are no penalties for making mistakes
Do you blame the child or the parent who isn't strict enough
Remember the parent has the advantage of 30 yrs or so in age

even when i play touch footy and make a mistake i am extremely dissapointed and angry with myself because i no i have let my teammates down and every time i play i put so much effort into not making a mistake because i absolutely hate that feeling of knowing you'v let the team down

Lol Fast Eddie…players = children......

What we needs is someone to walk in at halftime and throw a few OX hearts on the table...

Most Pathetic performance since 2002....

Bar a few the rst need to have a good look at themselves,,,starting with the Captain....

Players will take short cuts wherever they can
Like children
Do you blame them for trying to get away with it
Or do you blame those who should have a bit of authority and who exercise that authority by not allowing it to happen more than once
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

@Fast Eddie said:
Players will take short cuts wherever they can
Like children
Do you blame them for trying to get away with it
Or do you blame those who should have a bit of authority and who exercise that authority by not allowing it to happen more than once
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

o your a gee up fast eddie …..you take a short cut on the rugby league field and they stretcher you off....our problem is the guys know they will get selected next week regardless of the result .....

The Players dont need to show heart.

Why go to the effort? They will all be in 1st grade again next week and the stars of our State Cup sides wont get a look in.

The Fonz is a terrible coach. He has no idea. Humpries has no idea to re-sign him.

Our club is managed by a people who accept mediocrity. Why else would someone who has made the semi-finals once in 15 years be re-signed ??

Its all just a joke.

It is time for some young blokes to get a start who will play with some heart and a bit of committment.

I sat there at half time and wondered what i would say to the players if i was coach. Honestly, what i came up with was this…..."all i want u to do this half is play like men, act like men, be men. Your emberrassing yourselves and your family, so as individuals, have a look in the mirror and be a man this 2nd half"..........lol, they went from children to babies.

I want to see Benny in a room with Sheens and let Benny unleash some passion right in his face. In fact - let Benny in a room with the whole team. Someone needs to remind this club about what it means to respect your jersey.

@BRET said:
I want to see Benny in a room with Sheens and let Benny unleash some passion right in his face. In fact - let Benny in a room with the whole team. Someone needs to remind this club about what it means to respect your jersey.

Get Tommy in there too!!! :sunglasses:

After last nights result and hearing Sheens so confident that we were going to win - it would be nice to hear the coach was the one that instilled some passion into them last night.

Members online

Back