David Nofoaluma #164

Good luck to noffo. He gets to play in a team that wins by 48 rather than lose by 48.

broncos were shocking, their defence was non existent.

nofo still looks vulnerable and isn’t fast at all. but unless we have an upgrade, I would like to see him back next year.

I think it is completely demoralising for the club watching him play so well and enjoying footy so much. Even the most loyal player would be thinking about how they could have similar success playing elsewhere and probably now has the excuse to say, 'its not me and my effort, it's the club'. I just don't think the club thought through what impact this might have. Hopefully it turns positive for us, but given nofo's comments making it all worse, I think it's another dud and ill considered move by our club.

Btw, I don't think there's been some transformation in nofo's play, it's just much easier looking good on a good side, which is why our problem has always been forwards and halves. Outside backs are there for a bit of glitter.

I don't like his apparent white-anting and Melbourne lick-spittle comments but I do agree with what you say. We have had coaches from systems with 'good' cultures try to turn this ship around - the players turned on some of them so to me it still comes down to where the culture problem lies - is it the players themselves or is it the system?
In relation to your other post about Bellamy having him focussed on his role and game ahead why is it he didn't/ couldn't/ wasn't asked to focus on that in his 10 years with that? Or is it he simply didn't do it because of his poor culture and lack of respect for other in the club? Genuine questions.
That's the question we all need answerring

I wish I knew. But there have been many players leave us and publicly state their new club so much better / diss us.... It goes back a long way up till recently from . Lote to LOD and Alioa.... And it becomes evident like it did in the very first set last week.
I've no idea how to change a culture, atmosphere... Attitude in an entire organisation... I know how to do it for myself.

I sometimes wonder what every single person at WTs has as their main goal... It should all be the same thing imo but I always think we're very fractured and there's many personal goals within the club and people in senior positions don't have a premiership as the main desire

He said it himself two years ago in an interview that he was sick of not playing finals football.
He is an exceptional winger and some of these good players are show ponies, confident, arrogant, and egotistical.
Noffa is borderline all of these traits which I'm sure doesn't gel too well with teammates.
I can only assume that someone like Ken who is a great finisher has a lot of respect from his team because of his humility.
It's a pity that a well paid professional athlete has to go to a better club to 'put in'
Let's hope that when he comes back he will be better than ever because our backs lack quality.
I wonder if any of the other players felt like that at the time? I recall the 2005 team, round 15 against Broncos, going into a huddle and telling each other they were sick of losing and they went on an 8 game winning streak.
I think from an outsiders perspective, and I could be totally wrong? But over the years, and starting with the Sheens dismissal, we have discouraged leadership within the playing group.
I hope I’m wrong, but it looks like a deep seated cultural thing. I’m looking at Doueihi and Hastings, our two leaders with their heart in the right place, to provide a tell tail sign as to wether the club can or has turned the corner in this respect.

Storm have the cattle & structures to bring in an average player or two... and then they too, look like competent first graders.

Been that way for years....

Nofo looks like a different player and is looking much improved, not only that - he looks happy.

I didn't hear him alluding to poor culture at the Tigers but I think he should self reflect and realise he is part of that poor culture.

His career with the storm may or MAY NOT be forever so he if he does come back - I hope he comes back with the right attitude and applies his newly gained confidence and skills to his real club, The Tigers.

There’s a number of different problems at the moment, but if I had to pinpoint ine it’s the culture. They have a losing mentality.

This can be changed, but it’s hard.

Check this out:

This is a great mentality.

Nofa’s kick return metres are off the charts, and his missed tackles are virtually non existent since he went to Storm.
What are we doing wrong? Or what are we not doing?
Lee Hagipantelis, who has a close personal relationship with Nofa, says Nofa just needs a reason to play. He said that prior to him going to Storm.
If this is the case, what is that reason? What has the club not been giving him?
We know it’s not money, he’s possibly the highest paid winger in the NRL?
Can anyone point to why or how we develop good footy players into average footy players and other clubs do the opposite?
Lack of success leads to lack of inspiration. When he’s on his game he’s great. He probably gets frustrated with others turning over the ball before it gets to him. No excuses though. He’s getting paid to play first grade so he should turn up for every game.

I wonder if any of the other players felt like that at the time? I recall the 2005 team, round 15 against Broncos, going into a huddle and telling each other they were sick of losing and they went on an 8 game winning streak.
I think from an outsiders perspective, and I could be totally wrong? But over the years, and starting with the Sheens dismissal, we have discouraged leadership within the playing group.
I hope I’m wrong, but it looks like a deep seated cultural thing. I’m looking at Doueihi and Hastings, our two leaders with their heart in the right place, to provide a tell tail sign as to wether the club can or has turned the corner in this respect.
I can't think of a better motivation than to play alongside your mates and wanting to make your fans proud.
When AD said he would have loved to go to the Storm had me perplexed, and as Stryker said last night a true club man would have said no, "I'm staying here to help my mates avoid the spoon."
In your day it was all about mates and fans. Man of the Match got a carton of piss to share with his mates. Now it's money first and money second.

Nofa refused to dump on the Tigers when drilled about our issues after the game.

I salute him for that.

Too many times ex players stick the knife in get ugly.

Tedesco barely misses an opportunity to rubbish us, even years after he left.

Why? Because he’s a low gutted dog.

Last edited:
Storm have the cattle & structures to bring in an average player or two... and then they too, look like competent first graders.

Been that way for years....

Nofo looks like a different player and is looking much improved, not only that - he looks happy.

I didn't hear him alluding to poor culture at the Tigers but I think he should self reflect and realise he is part of that poor culture.

His career with the storm may or MAY NOT be forever so he if he does come back - I hope he comes back with the right attitude and applies his newly gained confidence and skills to his real club, The Tigers.
Well said they are my thoughts exactly

I can't think of a better motivation than to play alongside your mates and wanting to make your fans proud.
When AD said he would have loved to go to the Storm had me perplexed, and as Stryker said last night a true club man would have said no, "I'm staying here to help my mates avoid the spoon."
In your day it was all about mates and fans. Man of the Match got a carton of piss to share with his mates. Now it's money first and money second.
The club/ decision makers had already weakened the team by letting players go and not replace them. Can you blame Doueihi for being interested in playing finals footy when the decision makers sack his coach weaken the squad and right off the year? We need players who want success and we need to learn how to recruit and retain them. If he his questioning his future at this club I don't blame him at all - we are whole lot of talk and no substance. And if he moves on he will be another one that we will convince ourselves we dont need.

It’s definitely a culture issue. Culture and mentality.

Yeah the abc asked his three times and he said he didn’t want to make a comment as we were going through a “ tough time”

He had to repeat himself.

I was proud of him.
Champion representation, that’s professional when it counts.

• Love
Reactions: TSP
There’s a number of different problems at the moment, but if I had to pinpoint ine it’s the culture. They have a losing mentality.

This can be changed, but it’s hard.

Check this out:

This is a great mentality.
Need some Mamba mentality

Didn't Sheens post the Broncos shell-lacking score on the training room door and leave them to decide their futures?

Back