2023 NRLW fixtures announcedWests Tigers
Thu 27 Apr 2023, 10:57 AM
Share on social media
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Reddit
- Share via Email
Wests Tigers will play all nine opponents in the expanded 10-team competition once, before a top-four finals series decides the two grand-finalists.
2023 NRLW DRAW
History will be made on Sunday 23rd July when Wests Tigers plays its very first NRLW game against Parramatta Eels at CommBank Stadium.
Match: Eels v Wests TigersROUND 1 - SUNDAY 23RD JULY
This match will be one of four NRLW double-headers involving Wests Tigers and will see several players line up against their former club.
The NRLW team will play as a curtain-raiser to Wests Tigers NRL fixtures on four occasions, the first being in Round 3 against the Raiders in Canberra on Sunday 6th August.
While there’s still a bit of travelling required, five of our nine regular season games will be played in Sydney.
Six days after the team’s first road trip to play the Raiders in Canberra, is a trip to Brisbane to face the Cowboys.
The other game to be played in Queensland is our Round 7 match against the Titans on the Gold Coast, before a battle against the Broncos in Newcastle the following weekend.
Rounding off the 2023 regular season is a standalone home game at Campbelltown Sports Stadium against the Knights, which will be broadcast live on Channel Nine.
Wests Tigers’ nine games in the regular season will be played across eight different venues over a nine week period.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe believes the club should be very proud of its achievements in the women’s space.
“We’ve come a long way in the last few years in developing women’s rugby league and it is an exciting time ahead,” said Pascoe.
“I’m sure our Members and fans will fully embrace our NRLW team and our opening game against the Eels will be another historic milestone for Wests Tigers.”Our inaugural season in the NRLW is something we are all very excited about, and the release of the 2023 fixtures is another step in our journey.
Head coach Brett Kimmorley says the release of the official fixtures list adds to the excitement ahead of the team’s first season.
“I know releasing the fixtures happens every year in the NRL and NRLW but for us, this is something quite special,” Kimmorley said.
“This is our very first season and I am thrilled to be a part of it.
“We have announced the bulk of our side, and now we know who we’re playing and where.
Wests Tigers NRLW 2023 fixtures:This is such an exciting time for Wests Tigers, a new chapter and so many new opportunities.
- Rd 1: Parramatta Eels at CommBank Stadium - 12:00pm Sunday 23 July
- Rd 2: Cronulla Sharks at Belmore Sports Ground - 1:50pm Sunday 30 July
- Rd 3: Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium - 1:50pm Sunday 6 August
- Rd 4: North Queensland Cowboys at Totally Workwear Stadium - 12:50pm Saturday 12 August
- Rd 5: St George Illawarra Dragons at CommBank Stadium - 12:50pm Saturday 19 August
- Rd 6: Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium - 3:10pm Saturday 26 August
- Rd 7: Gold Coast Titans at CBUS Super Stadium - 12:00pm Sunday 3 September
- Rd 8: Brisbane Broncos at McDonald Jones Stadium - 11:30am Saturday 9 September
- Rd 9: Newcastle Knights at Campbelltown Sports Stadium - 7:45pm Thursday 14 September