Origin 3 refereeing

diedpretty

Did anyone think the referees were a tad lenient on NSW - i couldn't believe how long they were allowed to hold down the Qlders in tackles, the constant knees, elbows and heads in to the man when on the ground, a couple of blatant forward passes allowed to go.

no, id say its pretty even. we did get a few good "stripped" penalties.

ive noticed this whole origin series u can hold either side down basically as long as u want… kinda ruins the game no essence of fast play.

I thought for a change the refs were fairly consistent and didn't get too involved. They let the game flow pretty well. I can probably only fault them on some strip penalties and Ennis copping a penalty for punching Myles.

I found that play the ball and runs from dummy half were faster in the second half.

Thought that they were pretty lenient towards both team, let plenty of high tackles and dodgey things go. Although I do think that when a call had to be made they tended to favour NSW a little more.

Yeah I reckon they favoured NSW a bit.

I'm not sure why Beau Scott was not penalised for that mid-air tackle on Slater, that was blatant.

On 4 occasions in the Second Half, Hayne gave Nsw major Piggy-backs down the field, for issues which would rarely raise an eye brow in NRL, never mind Origin. Once Archer took control, things appeared to be consistent again.

Unfortunately, Referee's dont understand momentum. Sometimes the defensive team has momentum without the ball. Giving away stupid penalties can simply change the outcomes of games, for no apparent reason??!!!

It was quiet obvious Archer and Hayne were refereeing the game with 2 different mindsets. Back to one referee!!!

@diedpretty said:
Did anyone think the referees were a tad lenient on NSW - i couldn't believe how long they were allowed to hold down the Qlders in tackles, the constant knees, elbows and heads in to the man when on the ground, a couple of blatant forward passes allowed to go.

Absolutely mate…the most biased refing in years.
NSW played like a bunch of grubs last night - every tackle contained something dirty, facials, elbows in the throats etc - all whilst holding down far too long in the tackle.
There were headhighs missed, offsides missed, forward passes missed.
Then that wasnt working so they started pinging QLD to boot.

They did their best, NSW most definetly got the rub of the green.

Although from NSW I didn't have a huge interest in the outcome so for once I was able to watch the game without emotion… and I totally agree with Stryker ^ .

Thought the refs tried to even things up after 12-0\. It was almost like they were getting instructions form the promoters in their earpieces.

Staff online

Back